Mighty Words

DarkJourney

I don't follow soccer, but I agree that the MLS is better than people realize. MLS All-Stars have beaten Chelsea a couple of times. However, that doesn't make the entire league better than the EPL. It just makes the best of the league better than the best team of another league.

I'd hope your league-wide all star team could beat a non-all star team. (Even one as good as Chelsea)

Well Chelsea, IMO, is an all-star team anyways, considering that they are the first team in EPL history to field an entire starting lineup of foreign players.

From what I understand MLS is to the Premiere league is like comparing the AHL to the NHL.

... I don't know... one can argue the Chicago Wolves are better than the Chicago Blackhawks.... :P

I hope some of those Wolves are ready to play at the NHL level. The Thrashers have no draft picks in the first or second round, and don't have a lot of cap room to sign big-name free agents.

I reckon the MLS should play the A-League in a match or two. I think the two are about on par with each other.

That would be awesome! I also got the impression while I was there that the two leagues were similar in many ways, perhaps minus the awesome support Melbourne now gets. If I were to venture a guess, I would say the A-League might be a step above MLS. The success of the Socceroos compared to the US MNT (can't we come up with a better name here?) in 2006 also lends some evidence to that.

Though I do remember Adelaide United making a very big deal about the visit of "brand new American side Miami FC". At the time, I had been out of the US for about 3 months, and was wondering if MLS had suddenly expanded without me noticing. But nope, they're just a USL First Division team.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

When I first heard this I got curious at what the hell lalas was smoking but now that I think about it more and more I realize how great of a marketing genius he is.

Well if this leads to some future United vs Dallas, Houston vs Liverpool, Colorado vs Arsenal or even Columbus vs Reading matches, then I'm all for it.

Hmmm I'm heading to Seattle next year. Any chance at a Sounders vs Canaries mid-week match next April? Nah, didn't think so.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I reckon the MLS should play the A-League in a match or two. I think the two are about on par with each other.

That would be awesome! I also got the impression while I was there that the two leagues were similar in many ways, perhaps minus the awesome support Melbourne now gets. If I were to venture a guess, I would say the A-League might be a step above MLS. The success of the Socceroos compared to the US MNT (can't we come up with a better name here?) in 2006 also lends some evidence to that.

Though I do remember Adelaide United making a very big deal about the visit of "brand new American side Miami FC". At the time, I had been out of the US for about 3 months, and was wondering if MLS had suddenly expanded without me noticing. But nope, they're just a USL First Division team.

Well, yeh, Melbourne has raised the bar on and off field, the 6-0 Grand Final win over Adelaide (then booing the Prime Minister haha!) as well as the 55K and 50K games they had was awesome. But now DC United steals our Fred, but we got backup!

On topic, though, a A-League v MLS game would show where the two leagues are at. I'd want us to win of course.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I love Tottenham Hotspur. I love them so much I sneaked out of a Law Enforcement convention down in Washington DC to see them play a friendly againt DC United at RFK (Teddy Shearingham's last game with Spurs). (than again, I probably would have drove down to the game from New York anyway) unfortunately DC United won 1-0. But there is no way on earth..That the Premiership is inferior to MLS. Lalas is just trying to sell papers and stir up some controversy. It would be nice someday to see MLS be on par..but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived