Sabres 04-05

Notch Novelty

more confirmation the better.  Let's just hope gold means yellow and not shimmer gold.  And let's hope blue means a royal color, not navy.

I AM SO PUMPED!!

I think a little black can work.  I've shown these many times before, but I really hope the new stuff looks something like this.  It has black in the logo and on the hem of the jersey. Putting black in the scheme would be a nod to their history and avoid using red(red+blue=trite) or silver(sliver+gold=ewww)

Sabres new white

Sabres new blue

The colors are a royal blue not used currently by an NHL team(it's the color the Oilers used in the Gretzky days and the Jets used), yellow(same color as Calgary's yellow), white, and black.

I'm going to the Sabres game tomorrow here in Atlanta, and this news makes it all the more sweet.

Logo sounds cool, though if they just went with a recolored version of the alt. logo, I would be happy.

The kid that first broke the news said that the jerseys were recolored version of the current home/road sets.  I want something either like the alt or the originals(with fixed striping for consistancy). Something classic.

i think a navy and shimmer gold would be great- like notre dame

Never mind the fact that navy and gold is one of my favourite colour combinations, but it would differentiate them from St. Louis, who has got the NHL pretty much covered in the non-navy, more-royal blue and yellow department.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I happen to really like the current uniforms and logo a lot. When they first came out, I was thrilled with how cool the logo was. I admit I'm partial to red & black, but I thought that the old crest in particular hadn't aged that well.

Not that I didn't like it, heck, I even bought a CCM vintage jersey of the blue & yellow, but it was ready for an upgrade.

Now it sounds like they are going back to the blue & yellow. I'm fine with that. It could look pretty sharp if it resembles some of the concepts posted on this thread. By no means do I think it's a color scheme that can't work.

What I don't like thought is the crossed sabres current 3rd jersey logo. I've never thought it was good enough for anything more than a secondary shoulder logo.

I would hope that if they take the time and expense to undergo a new jersey that they also come up with something fresh and exciting for a crest as well.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived