2007 NFL Uni Updates

SizzlinSabres

Well, that's a good reason not to do it.

Does that apply to the Saints? Are there pockets of Louisiana that fall within Falcons territory?

There seem to be large amounts of Cowboys fans up in the northern part of the state. I dont know if they outnumber the Saints fans up there. I just find it to be a nice looking logo and it would fitting seeing how the state does fund alot of what the saints do. I dont find it inappropriate. The astros use a state of Texas logo on their sleves even though Houston is only a small part of the state.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some redskin players (jason campbell, cornelius griffin I know for sure, not sure who else) are wearing the old school 'R' logo that Gibbs wears on his hat on their facemask plate (no idea what its actually called)... anyway, here is what i'm talking about:

TNMH108081123_lower.jpg

i think it looks very cool, and besides Oregon, does any other team (pro/college) do this?

I know the Jets have some players that have a JETS script, and others just a Riddell. This is from 2006:

Compare.jpg

It seems to me that it's more common to put the team wordmark on the back of the helmet:

photo22.jpg

The Packers have "Riddell" on the front plate.

The Giants put their helmet logo on the front:

2F619E1D39A44B10A5B7C83FD0FD3E0A.jpg

...but not always.

B287D74B73E84B4CB35054606D78608B.jpg

(the Eagles put their wordmark on the back, though)

This comes up every year - Riddell is the "official" helmet supplier of the NFL. However, a player can wear any approved (from a safety standpoint) helmet - which means Schutt or Adams. However, only Riddell is allowed to use their logo on the helmet, and they are only allowed to have it on the nose bumper. If you buy a Riddell helmet in the sporting goods store, it will have "Riddell" on both the front bumper and the rear bumper, so almost all teams cover the rear bumper mark with their logo. There are a few exceptions - Pittsburgh, Kansas City and the NY Giants have historically left the rear bumper blank.

Virtually all teams cover the "Adams" or "Schutt" with their logos. The "R" for the Redskins is new; they have typically used their regular "Redskins" wordmark. Some teams put the Riddell rear bumper cover on the back of the Schutt helmets (like the Packers Woodson picture). However, the Steelers and Chiefs have historically left the Adams and Schutt front bumpers blank. The Giants just started using the "NY" last season.

I haven't seen close-ups of the Chiefs or Steelers to see if they have started using decals this season or not.

I'm impressed...thats about as good an explanation as anybody could've hoped for...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived