2007 NFL Uni Updates

SizzlinSabres

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the 1933 Eagles throwback. They'll be wearing them on Sep 23 against Detroit.

75-308L.jpg

Wow, that's slightly different from the current style. :shocked::D

The Lions should wear their throwbacks for that game too, but if they wanted to have 1933 throwbacks of their own, they would have to be Portsmouth Spartans throwbacks.

Here is the 1933 helmet to go aolng with the ugly jersey. I wish the'd go back to Kelly Green and silver.

75-203B.jpg

Please explain to me why they have a grey facemask. The colors are blue and yellow. Back in 1933 they did not have facemasks, so why must every team add a grey face mask for throwback uniforms, they look horrible and it is not authentic. I am not saying they should't have facemasks, by why can't they just make them either yellow or blue?

By the way this is a rhetorical question and the uniforms are butt ugly to begin with, but they might as well make them look a little better.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I wish both (or even all 3) Thanksgiving games would go back to being complete throwback games. That was something to really look forward to and now that they did it for a few years, when they wear their current unis it just looks so wrong. WHY DID THEY SWITCH?!?

I think the skins are going with the Lombardi era throwbacks.

I SHUDDER at any thought of this occurance! Any time Vincent T. Lombardi is associated with ANY other team EXCEPT the Packers kinda disturbes me!!!

Sorry!

My 2 cents here....

The Pack will look as classic as ever!

packchampionslfroh.png

Arent the Saints getting new unis? Thought that was a rumour

i thought they changed last year. I know the logo changed slightly.

The logo changed slightly? What are you referring to?

I think he's referring to the change that occurred in the year 2000 when the Saints went from this helmet:

NO_911.gif

to this one:

NO_910.gif

I think he's referring to this.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Billy B @ Friday, July 13th, 2007 - 18:47:45) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

The Jets are playing on Thanksgiving this year, that is probably when they will wear the throwbacks.

When you already wear throwback unforms full-time, then what's the point?

They could be wearing their 80s and 90s uniforms or preferably wear New York Titans throwbacks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think he's referring to this.

Maybe, but he said "last season" and the helmet logo changed at least 4 or 5 years ago.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You know, I don't like throwbacks and alternates in football. You only have 16 games. There's not enough time to wear alternates without diluting your identity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think he's referring to the change that occurred in the year 2000 when the Saints went from this helmet:

NO_911.gif

to this one:

NO_910.gif

Where did you find such freakin' huge helmets? Those are pretty cool...the only inaccuracy is that the first helmet (top) was the same color as the bottom one, at least from 1976 onwards when the Aints added the black facemask. I believe they wore a grey facemask with the 'mustard gold' one on top.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I wish both (or even all 3) Thanksgiving games would go back to being complete throwback games. That was something to really look forward to and now that they did it for a few years, when they wear their current unis it just looks so wrong. WHY DID THEY SWITCH?!?

I wish we could actually see some professional football on Thanksgiving. Being forced to watch the Lions year after year is dimming my enthusiasm...the NFL should rotate these games and have good matchups.

Who wants to watch the Packers-Lions outside of Green Bay or Detroit? Probably two people.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I wish we could actually see some professional football on Thanksgiving. Being forced to watch the Lions year after year is dimming my enthusiasm...the NFL should rotate these games and have good matchups.

Who wants to watch the Packers-Lions outside of Green Bay or Detroit? Probably two people.

Naaah, stick with the tradition. Besides, the only thing the Lions have to look forward to is that guaranteed national audience.

Hell, you have every Sunday and Monday night to see "good matchups".

I'm admittedly biased, but the Packers have a huge following nationwide, which is why they get more than their share of national TV games (not just Thanksgiving).

As for the Lions, the tradition is too tenured to stop now. I'd rather see the NFL kick the Johnny-come-lately Cowboys off Turkey Day and rotate the second game.

I'm admittedly biased, but the Packers have a huge following nationwide, which is why they get more than their share of national TV games (not just Thanksgiving).

As for the Lions, the tradition is too tenured to stop now. I'd rather see the NFL kick the Johnny-come-lately Cowboys off Turkey Day and rotate the second game.

"Who wants to watch the Packers-Lions outside of Green Bay or Detroit? Probably two people."

Looks like we already have two outside that area.

409001199_a46826799e_o.jpg

Help we win a Packers contest by clicking here!

I disagree, I'm a Vikes fan, so naturally I dislike the Lions, but I like having them on Thanksgiving. I could see taking the Cowboys off, just because they haven't done it as long, but the Lions will always be on Thanksgiving. Plus, no matter how bad they are, they usually play better that day it seems, or at least makes things interesting.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Saints did change the helmet logo SEVERAL years before Katrina. Also, I heard straight from Mickey Loomis on a New Orleans sports radio talk show that they Saints will not be doing any major change to the uniforms. If they were, the request would have been made over a year ago.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived