2007 NFL Uni Updates

SizzlinSabres

I'm sad to see it go too, I liked the patch. Then again, that patch had to have had some voodoo on it, so now they can go back to sucking and all will be right with the world.

This from a guy whose QB is Joey Harrington... :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it appears the saints did not have the louisiana patch on last night in the hall of fame game vs pittsburgh. does this mean they have removed it from the uniform for this year? personally, i hope not!

saintsvssteelers.jpg

I'm hoping that they just didn't put the patches on for the pre-season. It's not like it was a new design. The team used that logo for many years in the late 80s and early 90s as you can see on Rickey Jackson's sleeve and hip below:

Jackson_Rickey1.jpg

I LOVE it and hope it continues to be prevelant on the teams unis and merchandise.

gYH2mW9.png

"The Jets are also going to wear throwbacks.

I can confirm this because at my job, i saw them in a back to school manual. it was in black and white soi really can't tell you guys what they llok like."

Oh now I'm chomping at the bit...80's/90's style or Namath-era?

actually i think it will be the New York Titans era.

Yep, sure looks like it.

The NFL Shop has started selling them:

Reebok New York Jets/New York Titans Chad Pennington Authentic Jersey

Item no. 2783561

$214.99

p3849095reg.jpg

I love 'em.

Wow :D Nice unis! Do we have a date yet for when they'll be wearing them?

The Jets are playing on Thanksgiving this year, so that is when we should expect to see them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...u.ap/index.html

Niners to wear throwback jerseys in season opener

Posted: Monday August 6, 2007 10:00PM

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- The San Francisco 49ers will wear their cherry-red throwback jerseys in their regular season opener against Arizona as part of a tribute to former coach Bill Walsh.

Owner John York said Monday that the 49ers have been given permission to don the same jerseys they wore when Walsh roamed the sideline for their Monday night opener Sept. 10. The club still is formulating the rest of its tribute to Walsh, who died July 30 after a bout with leukemia.

York pushed the league to allow San Francisco to suit up for the opener in red jerseys, which also will be worn at another home game later in the season. The 49ers will wear a "BW" decal on their helmets all season.

"The fans here wanted this from Day One, but we had to make sure we had permission to do that," York said. "I think this is very appropriate for Bill, and I'm glad we were able to do it."

The 49ers will hold a moment of silence before their preseason opener Monday against Denver, but will reserve their bigger tribute for their nationally televised game. The NFL and ESPN also will be involved in the tribute, York said.

I saw, I came, I left.

The Jets are playing on Thanksgiving this year, so that is when we should expect to see them.

Another thing to consider, if the Jets are to wear these on Thanksgiving, it means that Dallas would be wearing some form of a white jersey, not the typical throwback of recent years.

it appears the saints did not have the louisiana patch on last night in the hall of fame game vs pittsburgh. does this mean they have removed it from the uniform for this year? personally, i hope not!

saintsvssteelers.jpg

I'm hoping that they just didn't put the patches on for the pre-season. It's not like it was a new design. The team used that logo for many years in the late 80s and early 90s as you can see on Rickey Jackson's sleeve and hip below:

Jackson_Rickey1.jpg

I LOVE it and hope it continues to be prevelant on the teams unis and merchandise.

I think the patch was a one time deal, for those affected by the huricane

also, we (the broncos players and fans) suffered two huge losses this year. losses we will never forget.

So, its only right we give a mile high salute to Darrent and Damien with a helmate decal this year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=3...mp;storyID=6820

RIP: Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

I'm sad to see it go too, I liked the patch. Then again, that patch had to have had some voodoo on it, so now they can go back to sucking and all will be right with the world.

I believe in miracles to this day. If Kurt Warner can win a Super Bowl, then dammit it's possible. :D

I believe in miracles to this day. If Kurt Warner can win a Super Bowl, then dammit it's possible. :D

Yes, but Kurt Warner only had to overcome playing in the Arena Football League. Joey Harrington was with the Detroit Lions :D

It's where I sit.

You know, I don't like throwbacks and alternates in football. You only have 16 games. There's not enough time to wear alternates without diluting your identity.

Totally

Comprehensible

Reasoning.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes, but Kurt Warner only had to overcome playing in the Arena Football League. Joey Harrington was with the Detroit Lions :D

Which would make Joey Harrington overcoming all and conquering the NFL world all the more interesting and appealing.

I mean, true, dude was more used to getting sacked than sacking groceries, but man...could you imagine how it'd be if he flipped that story on its ear?

(For the record...I actually like Joey Harrington. He reminds me a lot of Trent Dilfer.

Which I guess is saying something...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"The Jets are also going to wear throwbacks.

I can confirm this because at my job, i saw them in a back to school manual. it was in black and white soi really can't tell you guys what they llok like."

Oh now I'm chomping at the bit...80's/90's style or Namath-era?

actually i think it will be the New York Titans era.

Yep, sure looks like it.

The NFL Shop has started selling them:

Reebok New York Jets/New York Titans Chad Pennington Authentic Jersey

Item no. 2783561

$214.99

p3849095reg.jpg

I love 'em.

Sweet. I reckon they're gonna use them on Thanksgiving?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Which would make Joey Harrington overcoming all and conquering the NFL world all the more interesting and appealing.

I mean, true, dude was more used to getting sacked than sacking groceries, but man...could you imagine how it'd be if he flipped that story on its ear?

(For the record...I actually like Joey Harrington. He reminds me a lot of Trent Dilfer.

Which I guess is saying something...)

Trent Dilfer, the Super Bowl XXXV winning QB???

If Joey Harrington reminds you of Trent Dilfer, that's fantastic. lol

Well, in all fairness the Packers put out a lot of merchandise in the 1970s that was yellow, not gold. Merchandising has gotten a lot more sophisticated in recent years.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. Did you reverse the colors? I don't want to get into the yellow/gold argument again, but the Packers pants and helmets are yellow. Were you saying they used an incorrect shade of yellow?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Vikings will be wearing throwbacks for the Sept. 30th game against the Packers. They're wearing them in honor of Chuck Foreman, who is being inducted into the ring of honor that day.

100_0211_cropped.jpg

p3849101reg.jpg

HELL YEAH

Isn't it a little embarassing to wear something this perfect after changing to their new monstrosities? Won't it be obvious that they made a mistake?

Everyone loves a roundel.

Archived