2007 NFL Uni Updates

SizzlinSabres

"The Jets are also going to wear throwbacks.

I can confirm this because at my job, i saw them in a back to school manual. it was in black and white soi really can't tell you guys what they llok like."

Oh now I'm chomping at the bit...80's/90's style or Namath-era?

actually i think it will be the New York Titans era.

Yep, sure looks like it.

The NFL Shop has started selling them:

Reebok New York Jets/New York Titans Chad Pennington Authentic Jersey

Item no. 2783561

$214.99

p3849095reg.jpg

I love 'em.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm this because at my job, i saw them in a back to school manual. it was in black and white soi really can't tell you guys what they llok like."

Yep, sure looks like it.

Reebok New York Jets/New York Titans Laveranues Coles Replica Alternate Jersey

p3849095reg.jpg

I love 'em.

AWESOME!!!

I hope I can grab a Cotchery...

TitansYearbook1961w760_small.jpg

TitansProgram1962w760_small.jpg

And I SO HOPE its Nov 18 vs. Pittsburgh...it won't be...but boy oh boy....

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Has anyone heard or seen what the offical helmets for the Jets (Titans) and the Redskins (75th) will look like?

Based on the replica Redskins jersey they are selling on nfl.com, it looks like they have a choice of the "R" helmet or the current helmet.

6962.jpg9398.jpg

In another thread, there was a picture of the "R" helmet hanging in the 'skins locker room, so I am going to guess that one.

This is a game-used Titans helmet (year unknown):

1023098514_c116af308b_o.jpg

If the renderings on those scorecards can be believed, they wore gold helmets with a navy stripe in 1961 and reversed the colors for 1962. But I wouldn't put much stock in those, unless somebody can back up the gold helmet with photo reference - every photo I've seen has been the blue helmet.

This is a game-used Titans helmet (year unknown):

1023098514_c116af308b_o.jpg

If the renderings on those scorecards can be believed, they wore gold helmets with a navy stripe in 1961 and reversed the colors for 1962. But I wouldn't put much stock in those, unless somebody can back up the gold helmet with photo reference - every photo I've seen has been the blue helmet.

Ditto...those were the jerseys though...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

...the only inaccuracy is that the first helmet (top) was the same color as the bottom one, at least from 1976 onwards when the Aints added the black facemask. I believe they wore a grey facemask with the 'mustard gold' one on top.

That's actually not true...the Saints changed their Old Gold between the 2001 and 2002 seasons (but changed the logo design between 1999 and 2000).

Here's a comparison - using the actual Pantone colors (as opposed to the CMYK breakdowns):

NewOrleansSaints_RHS_1990-1999_SOL.gif

NewOrleansSaints_RHS_2002-9999_SOL.gif

If you can believe it, the BLACK actually changed between the 2001 and 2002 seasons as well...

But Pantone, you're just referring to that most recent change, right? They changed from the "coppery" gold (below) way, way before 2001...

Kilmer_pass_side.jpg

Definitely their best colors ever. Check them out on some of the Lost Treasures of NFL Films episodes. They've shown the black jersey (Saints coming out for their very first preseason game) and the white (Billy Kilmer miked for sound). They're just beautiful.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

But Pantone, you're just referring to that most recent change, right? They changed from the "coppery" gold (below) way, way before 2001...

Kilmer_pass_side.jpg

Definitely their best colors ever. Check them out on some of the Lost Treasures of NFL Films episodes. They've shown the black jersey (Saints coming out for their very first preseason game) and the white (Billy Kilmer miked for sound). They're just beautiful.

Yeah, definitely just the more recent change. The Saints (from what I've been able to research) have changed their Old Gold a number of times of the years...including that "coppery" one from the early days. Since Pantone colors weren't used by the NFL back in those days, it's hard for me to know for sure what they were doing.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but one of my dilemmas in my color research is with the Saints' colors. The latest Style Guide has their colors shown like this:

NewOrleansSaints_FRC_2003-9999_SOL.jpg

(Note: I should mention that this latest guide has the pants wrong (no stripes), so these could be inaccurate as well.)

And, I have an official color breakdown document from the NFL in 2002 that spells out the Saints' colors like this:

NewOrleansSaints_FRC_2002_SOL.jpg

Looking at the Saints currently, I'm thinking that the 2002 colors might still be accurate.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but one of my dilemmas in my color research is with the Saints' colors.

I'm not sure even they know what gold they have. It's a mess trying to buy Saints merchandise that has gold (be it predominate or secondary color) and there's no telling what shade you'll see. When I go to Saints games, I still see people who break out items with shades of a yellow that seemed to be the rage among Saints merchandise from the late '70s.

Well, in all fairness the Packers put out a lot of merchandise in the 1970s that was yellow, not gold. Merchandising has gotten a lot more sophisticated in recent years.

Well, I also remember seeing Saints gear that was more of a true gold in the '70s, but I'll cut them some slack for products in those days. You're right in that marketing is a lot more sophisticated these days, which makes the Saints' dizzying array of golds today even more mind-boggling and inexcusable. For instance, I've seen a Saints cap that was closer to an old gold and another Saints cap that is almost a maize color -- both officially NFL-licensed products and neither considered a "fashion" cap.

Yep, sure looks like it.

Reebok New York Jets/New York Titans Chad Pennington Authentic Jersey

Item no. 2783561

$214.99

p3849095reg.jpg

I love 'em.

Wow :D Nice unis! Do we have a date yet for when they'll be wearing them?

Yep, I'm guessing that was a one-time deal, commemorating their return to New Orleans fulltime.

I'm sad to see it go too, I liked the patch. Then again, that patch had to have had some voodoo on it, so now they can go back to sucking and all will be right with the world.

Love that Stillers jersey... the helmet? Not so much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived