Random Team Re-design No5

Turkleton

No5 on my random design list is Washington Federals. I think someone else did the Feds on here not too long ago but cant remember....

Anyway....Wasnt sure what image captured the word 'Federal' to be honest. So I Googled it and quite a few pictures of the Capitol building came up. I liked the look of it so created a sillohette (spell check!?) of it. I quite like it myself, I think it works. The secondary is obviously a star, but I took 2 of the 3 bars that made up the eagles wing in the original logo & added them to the star so the right hand side of the star forms an 'F'.

Kept the original colours

Not much to say about the uniforms, pretty simple and self explainatory.

Here ya go....

federalslogosuj6.png

federalshomerk6.png

federalsawayii7.png

sigen.jpg

A few things I notice:

1. Your front and back numbers are the same size. Is that intentional? Maybe make the front numbers 10 to 15 percent smaller.

2. Your nameplate is awfully close to the shoulder stars.

3. This is merely my opinion, mind you, but Copperplate's an overused font. It doesn't work well on your jersey (especially the nameplate).

4. Maybe a more defined Washington building to use in your logo?

A little tweaking and you've got a good concept.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Those star logos are pretty boring... but it can be difficult to come up with government themed logos.

How about a picture of Dick Cheney? He's evil & scary looking. The perfect fit.

EDIT: MOD DELETED

the capitol building is probably the most identifiable building in a city full of great architecture. its really hard to do a logo that says "federal" and i think you went with the same thought process that the Caps went through when redesigning the set back in 96. that said i think you did the best you could when identifying washington landmarks. second of all and what i least like about the concept is the colors. nothing says DC least like green and black. yeah you could say about the burgandy and gold the redskins wear, but when you name a team the Federals, youre kinda expected to stick with the old staples. the old capital blue that the Caps wore would be a good fit honestly. in alot of federal govt seals you see that color, along with a red or yellow. and the star on a DC team helmet is blasphemy. i like where youre going, but it could be better.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Thanks for that guys, i actually thought this was locked for good because of the first few interchanges between me and Patsox. Which by the way....I apologise for. I got drawn into an arguemeet with him and ended up gettin p*ssed off. Im not saying sorry to him cos he deserves it but i apologise to the Mods for having to go through it and delete the posts

Cheers fellas

sigen.jpg

I think that with a little TLC, this concept could really grow up and become something good. However, some little things need to be addressed, namely evening out the capitol logo (even if the capitol building isn't symmetrical, the logo probably should be for design reasons). And the star with the F is an interesting idea, but it doesn't work in execution. Good colour scheme, and perhaps the numbers are too big. But you have a good start.

Archived