Other NHL:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Well what I did mainly was remove the black, since I thought it was unnecessary. So to make up for the loss of black I darkened the blue and reddened the burgundy. For the bottom striping, it's supposed to be a mountain. Also, the shoulders are supposed to be in a mountain shape. The main problem I have with this concept though is just that the names and numbers are squished together, like they are in Dallas's jerseys. For the alt, I tried to make it similar to the Nordiques jerseys. The lowermost white stripes are like the Nordiques. Then I added the rest of the Avs colors in the striping.

coloradoavalanche1dq7.png

coloradoavalanche2sx8.png

coloradoavalanche3am7.png

C&C please. :)

espnsignq8.png

I like the brighter red alot. It seems like the burgandy red that they used in their first few seasons was brighter than it is now, can someone verify that? Maybe not. The player name and number are a bit scrunched, like you said. I would try making the silver, blue, and white stripes a little thinner at the bottom or trying making the angle at which the point rises from a little more docile. Or maybe get rid of the arched lettering, it seems to battle the angular yoke.

I like the idea of the alt jersey, but the number on the back should be placed a little higher.

I like these alot and think you are going in the right direction with these.

I liked the maroon better than this red you've got goin on here. They're the Avalanche and that's always what they've worn since they moved to Denver 10 years ago. Considering this team used to be the Nordiques, isn't it blasphemy to see them wearing the Habs' red, white & blue colours? It just seems odd to see them wearing red... maybe we'd all get used to it though.

But my suggestion is, stick with that maroon they have now. They're the only team in the NHL with that combination of maroon and that nice greyish blue they have.

The layout of the stripes and all is pretty nifty though.

Also, as a side note, I've always detested that hairy foot logo. It just sucks in my opinion. (the foot logo, not your design)

thecatch.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of this, no offence.

I just think the burgundy must remain, otherwise we get the typical red, white, and blue.

Maroon was different, something the rest of the league didn't have.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Overall, I have to call this a downgrade.

1. Burgundy gives the Avs a little way to stand out from the other red/white or red/white/blue teams, as do the trace amounts of gray and black. This is a tad generic, and now that the Capitals are returning to red/white/blue, the Avs don't need to follow suit.

2. Why would the Avs adopt the bright red color of their historical archrival?

3. The triangle effect on the shoulders is entirely too large. It's the reason the names and numbers are squished, and too far down the back. It's difficult to make it work, and I have run into the same problems trying to make triangular shoulder designs. Better to alter the triangle than wind up with what you have - squished and out of place.

4. The player names don't look like they're shaped like a mountain. They look like you tried to do vertical arching (like what the Avs, Wings and Rangers have) but couldn't do it. Almost every team just uses straight lines for their player names except for the aforementioned teams. Radial arcs work in baseball and basketball. But what you did looks like one of those glaringly bad eBay fakes we all crack on here.

5. The alt sweater doesn't make me think "Quebec Nordiques". When I think of the Nordiques, the hem of the sweater was a single contrast color stripe at the hem with the fleurs de lis above that stripe. This is really nothing like that, so the idea of an homage to the previous incarnation of the team is not apparent.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Removing the black? Like the black pants? Like, a perfectly acceptable use of black considering how ridiculous hockey pants look when they're coloured?

Oh, and from the puck in the logo too by the looks of it... a nice Grey puck.

Yikes.

The shoulder Striping is huge and makes the jersey have two sets of stripes pointing at each other... which probably would have the effect of making the players look shorter...

And Burgundy is key. Its what separates us from the animals... the 'nucks, the wings, the habs, the rags, the flames... another way to go would be to move towards Maroon, if you want something a little different.

But hey, interesting idea.

rocketis6.png

Removing the black? Like the black pants? Like, a perfectly acceptable use of black considering how ridiculous hockey pants look when they're coloured?

Oh, and from the puck in the logo too by the looks of it... a nice Grey puck.

Yikes.

The shoulder Striping is huge and makes the jersey have two sets of stripes pointing at each other... which probably would have the effect of making the players look shorter...

And Burgundy is key. Its what separates us from the animals... the 'nucks, the wings, the habs, the rags, the flames... another way to go would be to move towards Maroon, if you want something a little different.

But hey, interesting idea.

Who are the rags?

thecatch.jpg

Archived