Florida Panthers concept, version 2.0

dgnmrwrw

Since seeing the new designs released by different teams for the new RBK jerseys, I decided to go back and revisit some of my previous concepts and update them based on the new jersey template. So first up is the Florida Panthers.

My first concept for the Panthers was posted a LONG time ago; so long ago, in fact, that I can no longer seem to locate the original thread on the boards. Regardless, here's a link to the image. I was really just playing around with different striping patterns.

Here's my second try. I found the thread for this newer one. It's a lot different from the previous concept. However, I did change the 'gold' color to match the Panther logo, and it seemed to work well.

So, based on those two ideas and the new direction of the NHL, here's my updated Florida Panthers concept.

Home/Dark

Jersey-home.png

Road/White

Jersey-away.png

Didn't include pants, socks, or helmets. Those should come soon. Naturally, both pants would be navy and the white jersey would have a white helmet, dark jersey would have a navy helmet.

I apologize for the excessive mesh. That will be removed in future versions.

C+C most welcome.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Yeah, I always thought it could be nicer if they used the gold from the logo instead of the yellow that they have on their jerseys. But that's a risky thing, because it could also end up making the jerseys look like crap. Gold and silver are tricky colours to use correctly. I find, if you use to much or put it in the wrong places, it can end up ruining a uniform.

But, it does work well with this concept. Great job.

thecatch.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone have any suggestions for improving them? I'm still working on the obligatory Navy blue third jersey.

Maybe make the stripes that go along the arms connect at the back, instead of having that blank space where the RBK logo is. ( Side note: Why is it we always say RBK and not Reebok?)

A different font for numbers and letters could be interesting too.

thecatch.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone have any suggestions for improving them? I'm still working on the obligatory Navy blue third jersey.

Maybe make the stripes that go along the arms connect at the back, instead of having that blank space where the RBK logo is. ( Side note: Why is it we always say RBK and not Reebok?)

I'm gonna second this, because I thought the exact same thing. The cutout at the neck is unnecessary and calls far too much attention to the RBK logo. I acknowledge it must be there somewhere, but to alter the natural lines of the concept to show it off is a tad excessive.

Beyond that, it's solid.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm gonna second this, because I thought the exact same thing. The cutout at the neck is unnecessary and calls far too much attention to the RBK logo. I acknowledge it must be there somewhere, but to alter the natural lines of the concept to show it off is a tad excessive.

Beyond that, it's solid.

I think he did that because that's how the new-fangled NHL jerseys are doing it.

These are great, man. Good work.

How about you change the red into red-orange or orange? That might look better.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Beyond that, it's solid.

I think he did that because that's how the new-fangled NHL jerseys are doing it.

These are great, man. Good work.

That's my reasoning for doing it. It seems as if the 'new' designs are going to be using that part of the jersey in that way, so that's what I did. I'm still not sure if I'll leave it that way.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived