Northwestern and Penn State

LEWJ

I too like the Penn State blue pants.

As for Northwestern ... this is the ONE instance where black enormously improved a team's look. Northwestern should probably go back to this black jersey/purple pants/purple helmet look (with, of course, "Northwestern stripes" on the sleeves):

rose1996autry.jpg

Packers-2.png

Mods can we move this to concepts?

Thanks I didn't realize this was in the sportslogos forum when i posted it.

Thanks for the comments guys

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've always been all but stoned to death for saying this, but I still maintain that IF the Lions were to make ONE change to their uniform, it'd be to put the "Chipmunk" logo on the helmet...And that'd be just moving it from the sleeve to the helmet in this instance.

As for blue pants, I don't think I could ever get used to it--even on the white uniform...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

THe Penn State ones are HORRIBLE! I rather see a Nike Template. Why did you reverse the lion symbol on the one sleeve? It is a completely symmetrical logo.

Why even try to change Penn State unis? They are perfect. Why mess with perfection?

THe Penn State ones are HORRIBLE! I rather see a Nike Template. Why did you reverse the lion symbol on the one sleeve? It is a completely symmetrical logo.

Why even try to change Penn State unis? They are perfect. Why mess with perfection?

dude...

1. It is a CONCEPTS board, thats kinda what we do alot of here...

2. I don't even know what you mean by "why reverse the lion symbol?". He flipped it cause its facing the opposite direction, it's not symmetrical at all.

3. The fact that you said you'd rather see Nike template job wipes away any credibility you had with your post to begin with.

For my opinion, i really like it. Similar to a concept i did a while back on here. The helmets are still blank which is for the best, but you used the logo on the sleeves, which i like. I like the stripe on the pants, but the blue pants could be cool with some getting used to.

As for the northwestern one, I'm not feeling it. I've never been a fan of standard looking pant striping continuing up the sides of the jersey.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

dude...

2. I don't even know what you mean by "why reverse the lion symbol?". He flipped it cause its facing the opposite direction, it's not symmetrical at all.

3. The fact that you said you'd rather see Nike template job wipes away any credibility you had with your post to begin with.

For my opinion, i really like it. Similar to a concept i did a while back on here. The helmets are still blank which is for the best, but you used the logo on the sleeves, which i like. I like the stripe on the pants, but the blue pants could be cool with some getting used to.

As for the northwestern one, I'm not feeling it. I've never been a fan of standard looking pant striping continuing up the sides of the jersey.

A piece of me wants to say dude was being sarcastic...then I noticed he has (at the time of this posting) five posts to his credit. SO dude, if you were being sarcastic, you gotta let folks know that, either with an emoticon or some other means. But if not...kinfolk, wasn't no need for pissin' on LEWJ with your post. That paints you in a REAL bad light. (Not a good way to start around here, by the way.)

The point of C&C in the Concepts boards is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. If you can't think of anything better say, do us ALL a favor--vets and newbies alike--and keep your fingers OFF the keyboard, okay?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

dude...

A piece of me wants to say dude was being sarcastic...then I noticed he has (at the time of this posting) five posts to his credit. SO dude, if you were being sarcastic, you gotta let folks know that, either with an emoticon or some other means. But if not...kinfolk, wasn't no need for pissin' on LEWJ with your post. That paints you in a REAL bad light. (Not a good way to start around here, by the way.)

The point of C&C in the Concepts boards is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. If you can't think of anything better say, do us ALL a favor--vets and newbies alike--and keep your fingers OFF the keyboard, okay?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

HOW DARE YOU TOUCH PENN STATE'S UNIFORMS! THEY'RE CLASSIC AND PERFECT JUST THE WAY THEY ARE! I HATE YOU AND WISH YOU WOULD DIE!

It's not bad, but adding the lion doesn't improve the uniform and takes away from the simpleness that gives it its' charm. If you're going to do a Penn State concept, you might as well start from scratch and go all the way with it.

I really love most of the Penn State concept. I have been an advicate of them using blue pants on the road for years..not really sold on the lion logo on the sleeve...maybe just a stripe or two with the number on the shoulders..but the blue pants and pants stripe really ROCK! Great job!

The Series I was planning on doing was going to be one of those "If I could change one thing" or "If I had to change anything" series' that's why I made such a small change with the Penn State Unis. (And for the traditionalists/purists--That's why I changed anything.) I guess I should've said that in my original post.

Thanks to those who posted some constructive critisism.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived