Penguins Alternate in 1984-85?

Webhamster

I'm not that big a fan of yellow ("gold", but gold gold is ok, like the vegas gold) as a primary color in the first place. And the yellow helmet really doesnt sit well with the eyes. If nothing else, though, it does show you how far uniforms, and jerseys specifically, have evolved since these pictures. Also, the bruins had a yellow alternate as early as the mid 90's through two seasons ago.

~UJ

That was the Pooh Bear alt. But they had one waaaay back, as early as 1955, and through parts of the sixties:

Bruins4.gif

That was the Pooh Bear alt.

That it was. I'm going to miss seeing ol' Pooh out there on the ice trying to intimidate that nasty Florida Panther and those scary Heffalumps.

bruins_pooh.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Actually, unless I am mistaken, this jersey was a Saturday night only home jersey. The penguins wore them and visiting teams still wore their road jerseys similar to when the Boston bear head jersey was first released. Further, the yellow helments I believe were also occasionally mixed with the white jersey but I only remember seeing that once or twice.

Actually, unless I am mistaken, this jersey was a Saturday night only home jersey. The penguins wore them and visiting teams still wore their road jerseys similar to when the Boston bear head jersey was first released. Further, the yellow helments I believe were also occasionally mixed with the white jersey but I only remember seeing that once or twice.

Correct. Except, they were sunday home jerseys, not saturday, but the rest is pretty much exact.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived