Adobe creative suite....

fiasco!

i just got Adobe Creative Suite Professional installed at home yesterday, and i have to say..........HOLY CRAP!!!!

thank you, adobe, for coming through with the best software updates i have ever seen. and the best part is, i got it for free. my wife's work (Clemson Universtity Architectural Library) got it and it allows 1 home license, so they gave the home license to her.

I LOVE YOU ADOBE!

brand new versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive, InDesign, Acrobat 6.0 Professional and a new app called VersionCue which is the sweetest file browser i have ever seen.

does anyone else have it yet? any thoughts?

I went to a seminar and they demo-ed the whole thing. DAMN. It looks awesome, even InDesign. I wish my machine at home could run it, but alas, I have a G3/266 with 320 RAM :(

Quark was there too, but they didn't do anything to shed their customer-unfriendly image.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It is crazy expensive...

Sure would be nice if i knew of someone who had it on disc and could burn it for me.

:D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Quark was there too, but they didn't do anything to shed their customer-unfriendly image.

Quark is pure crap compared to InDesign, and it's twice as expensive. The latest version of Quark was something like $1,000+. TOO MUCH MONEY. I love using InDesign and the fact that it runs similarly to Adobe's other products is very helpful.

i agree, after using Quark Xpress for about 8 years, i have to say that InDesign is the best layout program out there.....i won't use another product for page layout......ever! (unless i get a higher paying job that uses Quark Xpress)

It is crazy expensive...

Sure would be nice if i knew of someone who had it on disc and could burn it for me.

:D

i would, but adobe is really cracking down on counterfeiting with this release.....required online activation.....when we installed the 1 home version it allows, it already had Clemson University's info in the registration info.

the only unfortunate thing about it is, my wife brought home the Windows version, so now she has to convince her boss to get the Mac version so i can install it on my computer too.

Hmmm I should talk to my guy at Adobe... wonder if creative suite could "fall off the back of a truck" like my Illustrator 10 and Photoshop 7.0 did...lol... Never really had a chance to try InDesign the Campus newspaper was Quark Express through and through... though I did get quite good at Quark during my 3 year tenure there

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

i understand, joel... i was teasing... I figured that they would. You can't pirate anything XP because of that reason. I know a guy who had a pirate XP opsys, and a couple days later, it came up with a message, thewn, BLAM, computer didn't work anymore.. loaded to dos prompt.

I bet Adobe must do the same thing.

Enjoy, J!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i was thinking about getting just IllustratorCS. i was wordering with all the new security, if i installed it on this computer, would i be able to install it on another one? I dont know if i want to get in now or wait 2 years and get the whole student version of Creative Suite. It does look awesome though, i cant wait to get my hands on it.  :laugh:

I got the Adobe Design Collection (with Illustrator 10, Photoshop 7, InDesign 2, and more)... I can't justify shelling out $500 Cdn for the Educational Version again... I'm happy enough with what I've got, just wish there was a way I could put down another $50/program educationally and upgrade.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

2 of our designers have had it for about 2 mos. now and they've shown me some of the newer features.  us production folk have it on order and should arrive anytime soon.

i still design 80-90% in ill 8, since after 9 adobe files seem more bloated and more crash prone (leaving temp files spalttered everywhere on our networks).  there are many nice things i do like and want to learn more on.  in particular the 3D vector properties options and the newer layer properties menus.

do educational versions not qualify as upgradeable?

quark is trouble unless you do page layout only.  for large format (what i do), there are better ways to create files.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

(TRYING TO BE COOL ABOUT THINGS)Well, I'll tell you what, I know um...this guy...who ahhh...found it in the warez newsgroups....and he um...downloaded it...and um...it's already ahh...cracked...so that there's no issue as far as...umm...on-line registration....so that's not an issue...he says.(/TRYING TO BE COOL ABOUT THINGS)

And no, I do not condone piracy.  Pirates are blackhearted blaggarts who were not very nice at all to that beautiful Keira Knightly gal.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived