Adobe illustrator or macromedia freehand?

the_cynic

Which one of these programs do you use as your primary vector graphic creator/editor?

software.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Illustrator for me. And a vast majority of the graphic design industry also uses Illustrator also. I've been playing around with Freehand since I have both, but I haven't seen any real advantage that it has over Illustrator. Macromedia's equivalents, like Fireworks as an alternative to Photoshop and ImageReady, all seem a bit clumsy and inept comapred to Adobe's products. That's just my opinion, though.

I got Macromedia Flash MX 2004, but on any other level, I'm taking Adobe. Illustrator over Freehand, Photoshop over Fireworks... I dunno about Dreamweaver and GoLive though. Only used Dreamweaver so far...
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i gets Ill, baby!

i also use Corel Draw (very comparable to Illustrator and in some ways easier).  Fireworks is a nice vector design program for web design, i'm still learning more and more with it.  freehand is good, but i don't prefer it at all.  plus, i use other (sign making) software for vector editing.  it's what works best for you, they all do relatively the smae thing.  some are better laid out, others are easier to cross-platform.  how you plan to use the final file output will dictate how you need to set it up.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I got Macromedia Flash MX 2004, but on any other level, I'm taking Adobe. Illustrator over Freehand, Photoshop over Fireworks... I dunno about Dreamweaver and GoLive though. Only used Dreamweaver so far...

personally, i prefer GoLive.....and i prefer InDesign to Quark XPress, Photoshop is king and all other photo editing software shall bow to it, but above all....if Illustrator was a woman, i would ask her to marry me.

Illustrator...

But I'm a PhotoSHop guy, trying my hardest to get the hang of Illustrator. I know that in the industry, illustrator is just about the only game in town.

Now, Dreamweaver is my weapon of choice in that category. I didn't much like GoLive. I worked a 3 month contract on GoLive, and I sould use it, but it didn't seem to be as handy as dreamweaver.

Why were you asking? Considering a purchase? Maybe you could get a better price buying one whole suite, in which case, i';d say go Adobe, just on the strength of Ill and PhotoS

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

SyPhi,

Did you say that you use Flash for creating vector graphics or you bought a big Macromedia package that included Fireworks?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived