New fantasy basketball league

vicfurth

Okay, I figured we have, like, five fantasy football leagues and two baseball leagues, so I'm announcing (with CC's blessing) a new basketball league for next year. This will have a very simple scoring system, meaning one point per rebound, assist, and point scored in real games. We will have one game every Saturday, scores posted sometime on Sunday. There will be ten teams divided into two five-team conferences. This league's innaugural season is set to begin the first Saturday of the 2004-2005 season. We will play a twelve game schedule with the top two teams from each conference playing a one-game playoff to get to the Finals. The two finals teams will play a one game playoff to decide the championship.

First ten entries participate. Have fun *cuts ribbon*

EDIT: Don't... yet... I'm still working things out.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Okay, before this gets rollin' real good, lemme announce a few tweaks...

1) Games will be played on Wednesday and points will be based on Wednesday's NBA games only (tip: you'll need to tweak your starters to comply with who's really playing for max points), scores posted on Thursday.

2) One of the league spots (mine) is already taken, leaving nine (one is "up in the air"), maybe only eight. Stampman has already applied before these changes, so I'm requesting that you and all other applicants give your... (this is my application)

email: blah, blah, blah

team city: Fort Worth

team name: Gunslingers

team colors: navy, white, silver

arena (capacity): Stockyard Center (19,548)

why you'd make a good owner in 2-5 sentences.

I will review the applications to see who gets in. We will be okay with eight teams, ten is prefered.

I'm very sorry for any inconvinience. Application "booths" are now open.

P.S. stuff like draft dates are still in the works.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm in. Seriously, I'm in.

email: lamicus@mts.net

Team City: Brooklyn (In your FACE, NBA!)

Team Name: Superbas

Colors: Royal, Scarlet, Old Gold, Process White

Arena: Gabe Kotter Memorial Coliseum (18,666)

Why I'd make a good owner: I am a charter member of the CFA (Cleveland Zephyrs nee Steamers), and am quite a character.  I have the potential to be the Mark Cuban of any fantasy hoops league.  Plus I obviously have enough time at work to post information like this.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm in!  My team will be from Utah - Salt Lake City.  I'll list more details soon!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

email: jp [dot] slapshot @ verizon [dot] net

team city: St. Louis

team name: Archers

team colors: Green, Gold, Black

arena (capacity): Shnucks Center (22,585)

I would be a great owner because I will put all my effort into fielding a competitive team will cool unis and logo. I get along with most people here on the boards and I will provide friendly banter and taunting to make the playing experience fun for everyone (unless you're a bad team, and I still taunt you...fun for me, not so much for you). I can't be Mark Cuban, but maybe I can be one of those Sac-town Maloof guys.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, I'm in...

Philip Wiebe - forty5@shaw.ca

Winnipeg Thunder

Navy, Orange, White

Arena (capacity): MTS Centre (15,000)

Good track record (CFA, new TNFF), good designs (Wildfire, Wolves), big basketball fan.

I'll help out as much as I can...

Gonna use an revamp of the ol' polar bear logo?

Seriously, I loved that logo...it was the best one in the entire IBA (or was it IBL? Or was it the NBL?)...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

email: stampman04@yahoo.ca

team city: Calgary

team name: Towers

team colors: Red, Yellow, Black, White

arena (capacity): Palliser Arena (18,000)

why you'd make a good owner in 2-5 sentences-I like the format, I'm ready to learn, I play well with others, and I will care about the league as a whole--not just my team.

(I also have unis I should be able to post soon.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, I'm in...

Philip Wiebe - forty5@shaw.ca

Winnipeg Thunder

Navy, Orange, White

Arena (capacity): MTS Centre (15,000)

Good track record (CFA, new TNFF), good designs (Wildfire, Wolves), big basketball fan.

I'll help out as much as I can...

Gonna use an revamp of the ol' polar bear logo?

Seriously, I loved that logo...it was the best one in the entire IBA (or was it IBL? Or was it the NBL?)...

Well, a bear (maybe even of the polar variety) is going to be involved, and a basketball might be too, but I'm thinking that's where the similarities will end.

Logoserver has listed the old Winnipeg Thunder under the World Basketball League, although they've been known to be off once in a while... I know the Cyclones were in the IBA.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

***edit***these are the next draft--I'm working on the design for the name & numbers***

Okay--we don't need them yet--but here's my initial draft for the Calgary Towers unis--(done in paint, so there is some distortion)--I am aware that the Tower would be partly visible form the front of the shorts--but my graphics programs aren't up to the job of putting them there.

So any comments, tips, help, etc are welcome--and appreciated--Thanks in advance-

TOWER_unis_red.JPG

TOWER_UNIS_WHITE.JPG

Oh and this is one of STL Fanatic's templates. His seem to work the best in MS Paint.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

(edit)Oops nevermind---It's taken care of.

So, anymore Canadian teams to add to Calgary & Winnipeg?

Edmonton would be nice for natural rival. And Winnipeg could use one too.

Didn't I say somewhere else I was full up at 4 fantasy league teams?  Well, I lied.

Yale Hollander

ylhollander@yahoo.com

Oklahoma City

Wildcatters

Ford Center (Cap. 20,000)

Colors: TBD, leaning toward maroon, orange, black

Why would I make a good owner? I am now heavily involved with fantasy sports on CCSLP, have a creative mind and would be willing to take on a co-owner in order to ensure substantial involvement in all league matters.

Archived