American Rugby League

kewp80

Updated some of the team names above, I liked the Carolina Flyers so I used it, also added the Memphis Pharaohs. Still looking for names for the Minnesota/Twin Cities, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. Thanks for all the good name ideas guys.

Anyway, I'll get to work on the Baltimore Bays tonight.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Stars, LA Universe, LA Galaxy, LA Shiners, something along those lines.

Minnesota/TC: Skyscrapers, Lakers ("The Land of 10,000 Lakes), Gophers, Northerners, Foresters

Vancouver: Seamen, Gamers (haha it's one of the biggest video game cities), Miners, Foresters, Fishermen, 86ers (1886 founded)

Some ideas...

Personally I like the Minnesota Lakers and Vancouver Seamen or Forestrs

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here's the second installment of this project: the Baltimore Bays.

First I was gonna have a wave and bird in the circle, but I thought it would look better to have the Baltimore skyline up against the "bay" plus the bird to give it a little more. The colors were chosen because of when you think of bays or any body of water you think of blue, I added gold in there to give the colors some contrast.

Personally I think the light blue area, which represents the bay, needs something added to it, but I dunno what. Like some highlights to the water or something, but I don't want to make it look too busy.

Anyways, tell me what you think:

Logo:

BaltimoreBays.png

Home Kit:

Baltimore_Home.png

Away Kit:

Baltimore_Away.png

Check out my music!

Not sold on the light blue shorts in the away kit, but other then that, those are really sharp kits. I think the crest needs some work in the middle. Not sure what, but it looks like it could be improved. The outer ring though is a very nice, classic look.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Get rid of the Los Angeles team and put a team back in the Bay Area. Rugby is way more popular in Northern California than Southern California.

Yeah, I knew that, and that's why I had a team there in the first place, but I'll move it back there. I wanted a team there more that in LA anyway.

I'll be getting started on the Carolina Flyers today, I'll come back to all of them when I'm finished. Thanks for all the C&C guys.

Check out my music!

Ok, trying to keep this thing rolling along, here are the Carolina Flyers.

The badge isn't the best, but I couldn't really think of anything that would work well, so I combined a couple of ideas. I still think it needs work, and I may even scrap it when I come back to it, but we'll see.

Logo:

CarolinaFlyers.png

Home Kit:

Carolina_Home.png

Away Kit:

Carolina_Away.png

Ok, so lets keep that C&C coming, thanks!

Check out my music!

I like the badge, but the arched lettering on the bottom is kinda weird, I'd either ditch it or put it somewhere else. I don't think the interlocking CF works really, I think interlocking letters only work with certain letters. For the uniforms, not much to say, they look nice.

spacer.png

My only real gripe here is that those are recoloured soccer jersey templates, not rugby jerseys. There is a big difference in the cut and styling of them.

liverpool-1.png

My only real gripe here is that those are recoloured soccer jersey templates, not rugby jerseys. There is a big difference in the cut and styling of them.

I know, but the only vector rugby template I could find is an aussie rules football template, which of coarse is totally different from what I'm doing.

If I can find a good rugby vector template I would use it.

Check out my music!

I might have one that nyy sent me a little while back. It's the best template for any sport I've ever seen, I think it's the one I used for my Rochester FC kit.

I'm pretty sure that's a soccer template as well.

I think it's sppposed to be a rugby or australian rules football one. If I can figure out how to send photoshop things, I can give it to ya.

spacer.png

On to the fourth team and on to the central portion of the league. The Chicago Spiders are here.

I wanted to follow the colors of the chicago flag, but didn't follow too closely as the colors are noticeably darker. I'm still a little iffy on whether to have the web in the background, but I want to know what you guys think. I also added the six pointed star on the back of the spider, like a black widow. So how about some C&C? :P

Logo:

ChicagoSpiders.png

Home:

Chicago_Home.png

Away:

Chicago_Away.png

Check out my music!

• 2 weeks later...

I think that its pretty cool. I personally really like the tigers and flyers logos. Although instead of a team in vancouver wouldn't toronto better fit canada...or even both? Even montreal. Usaully those cities are the cities that represent canada so I guess it wouldn't really matter.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived