dinky and pointless observation...

ColeJ

i noticed during today's titans game that alge's sleeve logos were facing the "wrong" way, that i think should be the correct way....

i think the falcons logo should always be facing the right, since the logo is designed to be a bird shaped like the letter F... the falcons always make it point towards the front of the player, which i also understand... even though i prefer it always facing the right.

but i noticed that alge's sleeve logos were both shaped like F. he was the only player that had it that way. i'll see if i can find a picture, but i just found it odd, and figured this is the kind of thing you dorks like :P

Finally...they did it again. I saw this same thing in a preseason game a year or two ago. Posted about it only to have someone question it because I didn't have a pic. The jersey was on some FA WR playing on special teams in the 4th quarter of a preseason game, so no, gee, somehow no one took a pic of him. :rolleyes:

Fortunately, this time there are pics:

Here's how it should be...

09000d5d80307375_gallery_600.jpg

BTW, the refs should have had a comment on this situation, namely "Holding, number 60 of the offense..."

And here's Alge's wayward bird:

09000d5d80307161_gallery_600.jpg

Good catch, ColeJ...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

One of my favorite players as a kid was guilty of this as well...

ca40_1.JPG

Note: the Patriot logo should be facing the same way as the one on the helmet.

Best believe someone probably got fired over that one.

I mean...really...the wayward falcon was bad, but it's small...that wayward Elvis is just egregious. Ain't no excuse for that! :P

(Unless someone was trying to prove a point to someone in the Patriots organization...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I mean...really...the wayward falcon was bad, but it's small...that wayward Elvis is just egregious. Ain't no excuse for that! :P

I agree.

By the way, you've been around long enough to know that there is no such thing as a "dinky and pointless observation" in the Chris Creamer Sports Logo Community (as long as it is uniform or logo related, that is). :P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I remember in the year's past, the ships on the Bucs would do this on the whites now and then. Some players had both correct, some had one incorrect, and some had both facing the wrong way. I haven't (luckily) seen mistake this in a few years. On a similiar note, players like DeShaun Foster of the Panthers NEVER has a panther on either side of his pants. It's been this way for a few years. I notice it more on the silver pants when they are omitted.

KISSwall09.jpg

I remember in the year's past, the ships on the Bucs would do this on the whites now and then. Some players had both correct, some had one incorrect, and some had both facing the wrong way. I haven't (luckily) seen mistake this in a few years. On a similiar note, players like DeShaun Foster of the Panthers NEVER has a panther on either side of his pants. It's been this way for a few years. I notice it more on the silver pants when they are omitted.

Very true. I've noticed that, as well...on several occasions.

EDIT: this dinky and pointless observation now has photographic evidence of accuracy:

nfl_u_foster_412.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Very true. I've noticed that, as well...on several occasions.

EDIT: this dinky and pointless observation now has photographic evidence of accuracy:

nfl_u_foster_412.jpg

I'd say 2 logos on each side of your body is enough.

Archived