Suicide Kings Poker Club

goforbroke

Quick background: This is for a poker club called the Suicide Kings. There are 4 groups within the club (Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, Clubs). So this logo is for the Suicide Kings, Diamonds. Two versions, one plain, one spruced up with lighting effects and bevels. C&C please.

kod1ab-copy.jpg

kod1ab2-copy.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Just don't get sued by NC State. The second one looks great.

Wow I've honestly never seen that logo before. Not a big college sports fan. You're right they do look similar, but I think mine is different enough to avoid trouble. Plus mine's not for profit anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW

This one is for the Clubs group. same as before, one plain, one not. I may have went overboard on the bevels and drop shadows but that can always be changed. Let me know what you think....

XXXXXXX Removed- Replaced

Edit: Neatened these up a bit and added a beveled version with kmw's suggestion. I personally think the overlapping beveled one looks better that the seperated one. I only seperated them in the silouette because otherwise you couldn't make out the letters.

clubb.jpg

clubc.jpg

cluba.jpg

gramz: there are 3 more coming soon- hearts, spades, and aces.

NEW

This one is for the Clubs group. same as before, one plain, one not. I may have went overboard on the bevels and drop shadows but that can always be changed. Let me know what you think....

koc2a1.jpg

koc2a.jpg

If you must bevel it (PLEASE DON'T!!!!!), then bevel the exact version of the illustration. Don't have the "S" and "K" overlap eachother. The plain clubs one looks good as is.

I like the second diamond version and the plain clubs version. The overlapping S/K does not look good with the bevels and shading differences.

Good job overall. I am looking forward to the aces version.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

TechJerseySig.gif

Here are a few more WIP's. The Ace of Spades is a simplified version of something I posted here like 2 years ago:

aos1.jpg

aos1a.jpg

This is the Hearts. I am having a TON of trouble trying to figure out a way to get SK and a Heart to fit together (like I did with the Diamond and Spade. If anyone has an idea and wants to do a quick doodle for me I'd really appreciate it. But the problem seems to be getting the letters to fit inside and also FILL the Heart to keep the shape intact without too much negative space. (I'm also having the same problem with the SK Spade.

Meanwhile, here's my solution for now - I'm thinking this might look good as a soccer-esque logo on a shield.

koh1.jpg

koh1a.jpg

Ahhh stop with the bevels and gradients! The solids look much more professional and cleaner.

I love that spades logo. The hearts one I'm not sold on, but there's not much you can do with that. Here's an idea I had.

suicidekingsheart.png

Two S' make a heart, and the K's for King lookin' like how they would on a playing card. Font is sandwich by the way.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

i think you'd do fine with something along these lines, just clean em up a bit, obviously

SKHeart.jpgSKSpade.jpg

That's pretty much what I've been working on, but i just feel that it doesnt fit as neatly as the diamond does and theres too much negative space it kindof looses the effect of the shape and just looks like a sloppy SK. Specifically my problem is on the right side of the K. With the diamond I found a loophole, but I kit a wall with the heart:

koh3a.jpg

Also somewhere along the line I went insane and did this:

koh4.jpg

• 7 months later...

I have to revive this Hearts project. I posted a request in the request forum for help - so far no responses (Mod, maybe you can merge the two threads?)

Anyway, I came up with a new idea, but I just don't know what to do with this. I just don't know what direction I want to go.

kohlogo1.jpg

kohlogo2.jpg

The right sword is from the Suicide Kings logo:

SK111.jpg

Anybody know where the other one's from?

I really need some help with this project I'm totally stuck

Quick background: This is for a poker club called the Suicide Kings. There are 4 groups within the club (Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, Clubs). So this logo is for the Suicide Kings, Diamonds. Two versions, one plain, one spruced up with lighting effects and bevels. C&C please.

kod1ab-copy.jpg

kod1ab2-copy.jpg

shaq.jpg

Reminds me of that logo haha.

I like your newer ideas though. Great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Can't see that pic Lewj, but thanks for the comment. I'm happy with what came out for Diamonds, Clubs, Ace, and Spades division (Here's the Spades I never posted it here, little different thank the rest but I wanted to go in a different direction):

kos.jpg

But Im just totally stuck on hearts and don't know what to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to go for a coat of arms type thing. I know its really busy but its still a work in progress. With this direction, I would need a simplified secondary logo to use in situations where a logo this busy and detailed wouldn't work. So that's what I'm working on next. Any thoughts on this? 2 versions: one with black, one without ( I think the solution is probably a happy medium of the two)

koh33333a.jpg

koh33333b.jpg

Some 3D action

koh33333c.jpg

Archived