Tank stumper 1/31/04

NJTank

I. Who is the only player to play in a World Series and a Super Bowl?

II. Who dropped a crucial pass in the endzone of Super Bowl XIII?

III. What actor did Joe Monatan point out to his teammates before starting the game winning drive in Super Bowl XXIII?

IV. Who was the first RB to win Super Bowl MVP?

V. How many Super Bowls have been played in stadiums not used by NFL teams? (Name Them)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

7 Bowl Games

VIII: Rice Stadium 1974

XI: Rose Bowl

XIV: Rose Bowl

XVII: Rose Bowl

XIX: Stanford Stadium

XXI: Rose Bowl

XXVII: Rose Bowl

The Saints played in Tulane Stadium until 1975, the year the last Super Bowl at Tulane Stadium was played.

The Oilers played at Rice Stadium until 1968.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And JKR, wrong Place. They played Super Bowl IX at Tulane Stadium, not the Superdome, because although scheduled for the Superdome, it wasn't yet finished being constructed, so it had to be moved to nearby Tulane Stadium, on a Cold, Rainy, windy day.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And JKR, wrong Place. They played Super Bowl IX at Tulane Stadium, not the Superdome, because although scheduled for the Superdome, it wasn't yet finished being constructed, so it had to be moved to nearby Tulane Stadium, on a Cold, Rainy, windy day.

I knew that about Super Bowl XI, I asked about Super Bowl XIII.

Sj32, thanks, I didn't know that.

II. Jackie Smith

This is going to sound a bit weird, but ten years ago, I used to live fairly close to where Jackie Smith lives in Chesterfield, MO.  We used to do our grocery shopping at the same supermarket and almost always at the same time (Sunday mornings).  We got to chatting on a couple of occasions and "the pass" actually worked its way into a conversation (and believe you me, it wasn't I who raised the subject).  He said that he could never show his face again in Dallas after that.  He retired from football that year and moved back to St. Louis.  He also said that his greatest fear was that this play would be the only thing he was ever remembered for.  Fortunately, about 2 years later, he was elected to the HOF and that now stands as his biggest football moment.  Although, I suspect some folks in Dallas would continue to argue otherwise.

49ers fan nailed

I. Deion Sanders, III. John Candy, and IV. Larry Csonka

jpslaphot got V

7 Bowl Games

VIII: Rice Stadium 1974

XI: Rose Bowl

XIV: Rose Bowl

XVII: Rose Bowl

XIX: Stanford Stadium

XXI: Rose Bowl

XXVII: Rose Bowl

jkrdevil got II Jackie Smith

The dropped pass in Super Bowl XIII likely delayed his HOF election for several years. So it really did have a negative effect n his career.

I heard him in an interview on ESPN also say he regrest going to Dallas and still blames himself for losing SB XIII.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived