Minneapolis Millers - 1939...

Trevis Meseroll

I was trying to find some of the logos used by the Minneapolis Millers from 1939 when Ted Williams played for them... Not sure from the picture what color they "M" logo is, yellow an black or orange an black... Any help out be GREAT, thanks in advance...

Trevis

66_1_b.JPG

The M look like PMS cool gray 9 with a black outline.

I believe that is correct. If memory serves me, color had not reached Minnesota by 1939, so the Millers and their players would still have been appearing in black-and-white. It made for an interesting contrast when they played on the road in areas where color was available by that time.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I sent an email to a Millers authority here in Minneapolis and I will let you know if he replies. All the Millers stuff I have seen is orange and black, but that's probably from their days as a New York Giants affliate. When the Millers were part of the Red Sox system back then, perhaps they did have different team colors.

Also, according to this link, and the fact Williams made his major league debut on April 20, 1939 and played 149 games for the Red Sox that year, means that he actually played in Minneapolis in 1938, when he became the first player in the American Association to win the Triple Crown, if that makes any difference.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Here you go - found something!

When in doubt, I check old auctions - found this 1940s jersey with blue and red team colors.

Check it out here:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction...uction_ID=33495

According to the auction site, they used red and blue (they were a Red Sox affiliate) until 1947, when they switched to the Giants. Don't know how reliable their descriptions are, but it was prettty common in those days, for the minor league clubs to adopt the colors of their parent club.

Ooohhh...let me try:

The "M" seems to be PANTONE 165-1-2 C and the trim color is PANTONE 162-1-5 C (using the new PANTONE Goe System). Using the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM, it's PANTONE 425 C and PANTONE 419 C.

I've got some cool new software that does that for me automatically.

[dieter]"I'm as happy as a little GIRLLLL..."[/dieter]

Archived