Arsenal F.C. concept

Dave Ship

As a Gunner fan, I think this is nice. It's hard to beat their current ones because they're so classic and great. To me the shorts seem a bit too plain, and I think hooped socks would look awesome. Would love to see a clash kit and see what you can do to improve that beauty or their thirds.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

beef, Arsenal's kits have ALWAYS been red with white sleeves, so you can't change them too much. It's like Chelsea not wearing blue.

penguin, that doesn't look anything like Chelsea's neon yellow ones (well besides yellow top and black shorts), but thsoe were basically the same kits they wore last year as their clash. BTW, I love that yellow kit you have there beatnik, and I think it would serve better as the main clash actually.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

beef, Arsenal's kits have ALWAYS been red with white sleeves, so you can't change them too much.

*BZZZZ* try again. It was Herbert Chapman in the 1930s who introduced the now eternal red with white sleeves combo for which Arsenal are now famous. In fact, the original kit was a dark redcurrant kit, brought to the team from two former Nottingham Forest players. They wore the darker redcurrant (or maroon, if you like) shirts until Champman arrived. So the story goes, during a press interview he saw a gentleman wearing a white buttondown shirt with a red sleeveless cardigan over the top, and the look was soon adopted for the Arsenal primary kits, and so they have been for almost 80 years. But for the first 50, this was not the case.

And penguin, clash kits are just year-to-year. They are not as traditional as the home kits are. Often times teams wear a specific scheme for their clash kit, but this is not set in stone as much as the primary (home) kit is. For instance, Arsenal typically rotates between an all-blue clash kit and a yellow top-blue shorts clash kit; however this year, Arsenal are wearing a white top with redcurrant shorts. Chelsea usually wear an all blue primary with a white clash kit. But clash kits are fickle and subject more so to fashion trends than are primary kits.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived