Leafs Concept

penguin20

For this concept I was trying to modernize the leafs look while still keeping the tradition behind it. Also I wanted to make a jersey that wasn't as blank as the new ones they have now. To do that I kept the old striping pattern with elbow stripes, some at the waist, and the cuffs. Then to modernize it I added some navy blue to the colour scheme and added silver trim on the striping. I also added a silver outline on the leaf. Then for shoulder logos I took the old Arenas' logo and made it fit with the leaf. Overall I think they're pretty nice. C&C appreciated.

Primary Logo

TOR.png

Secondary Logo

TORALT.png

Home Jersey

leafshome.png

Away Jersey

leafsaway.png

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

This looks ok. I do agree with you that thier uniforms need a little more now - they could pass as practice unis they look so blank. Im not sure what to think about these to tell you the truth. They look good, but for some reason, Maple Leafs just isnt jumping out at me here. I think its that blue jersey - theres too much there. I love your alternate logo, thats really clever and creative. But yeah i think it's because there's just too much for it to be the Maple Leafs.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Try the side pattern as white instead of the dark silver or whatever it is in the home one.

I obviously don't like the leafs too much, being a Sabres fan and all, but I think silver can be added to any team and it's not a bad thing.

bufg.png

To me, eliminating the silver was arguably the biggest improvements the Leafs made...

Agreed. The new Leafs number outlins really pop, while the old silver outline was barely visible. I think that if the Leafs had kept the bottom hem stripe they would be looking fantastic right now. So I really am not feeling this concept. Silver next to white doesn't show up anyways, it just makes the design look busier. I understand the modernization you were trying to make, but I don't like it.

*EDIT*

Alright, I do agree, after looking at it the silver was far too dark and didn't add much overall. So I got rid of all the silver, tried to make the uniforms look less busy by taking away the underarm colouring and shortening the cuffs, and then I added a navy blue accent. It is hard to see but I think it adds something to the look. Overall while it may not look to creative now I think it is more what the leafs should have gone for.

Home Jersey

leafshome3.png

Away Jersey

leafsaway2.png

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Archived