New York Rangers Uniform Concept

AsM29

Ok guys, this is a pretty rough draft of a concept for the rangers. I'm looking for feedback before I go ahead and finish the concept. Now I know the Rangers are one of those teams that people think should never change but if they had to, this would be my idea. Please let me know what you think.

Picture3.png

I'm not feeling the logo at all. Either go with the 'Statue of Liberty Head' logo or the regular crest.

As for the jerseys, the navy would make for a great third jersey, but the white has far too much silver to be a primary Rangers jersey. I say rebrand it a third jersey concept, ditch the white jersey, change the crest, and you'll have a fantastic concept.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Ok, so I took the advice to change the front logo. I know that all of the extra silver doesn't really follow the Rangers tradition but I think I'm gonna keep both jerseys. I'm looking to get away from tradition a little and I think this is a good place to start. I'm really getting tired of all concepts being shot down just because it "doesn't follow tradition". The concept board is where you should stray from the norm and let creativity flow. Any thoughts on this or the updated jersey?

Picture2-4.png

Good lord, i know people want to protect their work if it's going to be used professionally, but the wordmark is freakin overkill. I'm finding it hard to actually look at the jersey and comment on it without the wordmark irritating me.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Good lord, i know people want to protect their work if it's going to be used professionally, but the wordmark is freakin overkill. I'm finding it hard to actually look at the jersey and comment on it without the wordmark irritating me.

I know what your saying and I'm sorry but honestly I'm tired of seeing my concepts recolored in paint with a new logo on it and someone else taking credit for it all over the internet.

All I 'd like to see is you switch the gray and white on the blue jersey.

Agreed.

Good lord, i know people want to protect their work if it's going to be used professionally, but the wordmark is freakin overkill.

I think the word you're looking for is watermark. I think the watermark is a bit overdone on this concept, but I have seen much worse. At least you can see the uniform in this case.

I like, but I don't know about everyone else. People love tradition. Dawg is right it does look Wolf Pack-ish, 2004-05 Wolf Pack.

WolfPack_129.jpg

thats exactly the jersey I DIDNT mean. those are basically NYR 3rd's.

I meant it looked like these.

20060322d.jpg

Yes, the away one does. But, the home one does look like the 3rd jersey.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived