Packers-Cowboys

rainmaker17

The NFL Network sucks and the Pack got jobbed on that pass interference, in my extremely biased opinion. I think a healthy Pack beats Dallas.

Not to mention that horrible first quarter call where Al Harris took the ball from T.O. Nothing like homer calls for Dallas. And could Gumbel have called the Packers the Cowboys any more often? That was ridiculous.

The NFL is shooting itself in the foot by limiting access to its product, which has been available free to everybody on network TV for decades.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The NFL Network sucks and the Pack got jobbed on that pass interference, in my extremely biased opinion. I think a healthy Pack beats Dallas.

Not to mention that horrible first quarter call where Al Harris took the ball from T.O. Nothing like homer calls for Dallas. And could Gumbel have called the Packers the Cowboys any more often? That was ridiculous.

The NFL is shooting itself in the foot by limiting access to its product, which has been available free to everybody on network TV for decades.

The early ESPN and TNT games were not available to everyone when they started.

i am now convinced this team is for real. i take back any negative comments i had all season long, i'm now on the bandwagon and not getting off unless there is a big'uns magazine somewhere. This wasn't the miami dolphins, the st. louis rams, the chicago bears, the vikings; this was a legitimate contender and a team i expect to see in the NFC title game. To do that to the packers is pretty impressive. I know favre got hurt but rogers is a damn good qb and probably be taking over for favre when he retires.

and most importantly, the cowboys finally looked right. one consistant shade of blue and white. no metallic silver, silver green, silver blue, navy, black, royal blue, TO Blue, Romo silver. Just navy or dark royal Blue and White. All packaged in a nice and neat uniform package.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That Al Harris thing was nuts. The ref who did NOT have a good view of the play overturned the call from the ref who did! And it all went downhill from there, save Mason Crosby's excellent kicking and Aaron Rodgers.

I thought Gumbel called the Cowboys the Packers more than the other way around, including the introductions. He also called Nick Barnett I think Burnett or something. Bad production, atrocious calls, good uniforms.

The early ESPN and TNT games were not available to everyone when they started.

True, but both ESPN and TNT were channels already found on most basic cable systems on the standard tier.

Now we have a giant pissing match between the NFL and the big cable systems like Comcast and Time-Warner over both where the systems can put the channel and the cost per subscriber. I heard on NPR yesterday that the NFL wants the systems to pay $0.70 per subscriber (compared to $0.35 per subscriber for say TNT or USA or even ESPN) plus they insist that the NFL network be placed on the basic tier and not be placed on a sports package tier. I think this is a new requirement for systems that did not pick up the NFL Network before they started showing live games last year. I know it is only on the Digital Sports Package here but our system added it back when all they did was show highlights and old NFL films shows.

Here is the rub - even though they only show 8 live games, the NFL believes their network is a premium network with premium programming; the cable companies look at the other 357 days of the year and see generic programming of highlights and the occasional pre-season game and don't think the cost is worth the overall programming.

Not to mention that horrible first quarter call where Al Harris took the ball from T.O. Nothing like homer calls for Dallas.

You know it's f***ed up when people with no allegiance to either team start to notice. It really says something about the politics in the NFL when the Patriots cen get investigated after not even a full year of allegations, yet Jerry Jones has NEVER been investigated for this s**t. And if anyone doubts that this is an ongoing thing, watch the 95 NFC Championship and get back to me.

The good thing is that the Cowboys are more than capable of f***ing up down the stretch while the Packers toughest game is at Chicago. And if Green Bay does get homefield advantage, the ass-whuppin the Pack put on Dallas in 97 beatdown (when the Packers FINALLY got the Cowboys at Lambeau) will look like nothing compared to what's gonna happen in the playoffs... count it...

That Al Harris thing was nuts. The ref who did NOT have a good view of the play overturned the call from the ref who did! And it all went downhill from there, save Mason Crosby's excellent kicking and Aaron Rodgers.

I thought Gumbel called the Cowboys the Packers more than the other way around, including the introductions. He also called Nick Barnett I think Burnett or something. Bad production, atrocious calls, good uniforms.

Ironically, that's what I meant to say, that he called the Cowboys the Packers. DOH!

The Packers were missing a bunch of key defensive players going into the game, their replacements looked horrible out there sometimes, the game was in Dallas, and Brett Favre missed most of it... yet the Packers still managed to hang with the Cowboys up until the last couple of minutes.

I still like the Pack's chances in a rematch, even if it's in Dallas again, as long as they get and stay healthy.

CCSLC signature.png

The Cowboys had their two top corners banged up and way below 100% not to mention a missing NT and the current #2 WR banged up as well...and by current #2 it's the usual #3 because Glenn is out. You are taken what you are given and you play with the players you have...like bad bounces, it's all a part of the game. Had the Cowboys D not softened up and relaxed when Rodgers came in it would've been a blowout. Not to mention by the time Favre went out the Cowboys were already up 27-10...

CIDesignSig.png

Not to mention that horrible first quarter call where Al Harris took the ball from T.O. Nothing like homer calls for Dallas.

You know it's f***ed up when people with no allegiance to either team start to notice. It really says something about the politics in the NFL when the Patriots cen get investigated after not even a full year of allegations, yet Jerry Jones has NEVER been investigated for this s**t. And if anyone doubts that this is an ongoing thing, watch the 95 NFC Championship and get back to me.

The good thing is that the Cowboys are more than capable of f***ing up down the stretch while the Packers toughest game is at Chicago. And if Green Bay does get homefield advantage, the ass-whuppin the Pack put on Dallas in 97 beatdown (when the Packers FINALLY got the Cowboys at Lambeau) will look like nothing compared to what's gonna happen in the playoffs... count it...

Really, though, would you be reacting this way if the Cowboys were playing the way they were 3 or 4 years ago?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Cowboys had their two top corners banged up and way below 100% not to mention a missing NT and the current #2 WR banged up as well...and by current #2 it's the usual #3 because Glenn is out. You are taken what you are given and you play with the players you have...like bad bounces, it's all a part of the game. Had the Cowboys D not softened up and relaxed when Rodgers came in it would've been a blowout. Not to mention by the time Favre went out the Cowboys were already up 27-10...

Ooh a counterargument. Well, Favre did look out of form, but he's still having his best statistical year as a pro. He was just anxious, and there were some things that made me want to tell him to settle down, like throwing it 30 yards on 3rd & 1. But as good as Favre is, he is not the lifeblood of the team. Although he does keep the receivers in check, they are the ones who will be the face of this team when Favre leaves, and Rodgers spread out the D and wore them out. They didn't just quit.

So the fact that it was 27-10 when Favre went out doesn't mean anything. It's just a reference point. The Packers (not just the Green Bay Favres) came back to 27-24 as a team, so the promise is there. But also the 3 of the 27 points were on a possession the Packers should have had (the takeaway), and an additional 7 were not directly but were possibly the result of the pass interference, which itself was a result of a crybaby named Miles Austin (or was it Crayton?) that has the persuasive power to garner favorable late calls.

Quick and simple....coming from A HUGE Packers fan!!!!

First half: WTF? On the "forward progress" S w/ Owens v. Harris?" I still don't understand it, but I digress, could've been the turning point of the game and was one of the first few plays... After that the pack attack got outplayed, outmanned, and outhustled!!! Favre goes out in the 2nd quarter, and it looks like the S hits the fan! I'm still not sure if the hit was legit??? It looked to me like it was, but IDK? How many roughing the passer calls have I seen after hits like that in the NFL I watch period? If "stars" get preferential treatment, why not Favre in this case??? Still I digress. It was 27-10, the Pack Attack was grounded!

Second half: Pack Attack comes BACK BABY!!! Only to be stripped of all dignity by the questionable calls by the referees. If not for the "phantom" interferrence call, the outcome could've been a bit different. But, Dallas did win. Really at the end of the night.... SO WHAT?

The Pack played the game well. The secondary sucked yeah! And the "front seven" didn't get RomEo on his butt as much as I would've liked!!! Tit for tat dudes, I woulda told them! They take out our guy, go after there priss of a QB! But they didn't, their fault!!!

F, this pains me to say this, but, dude the Pack got outmanned YET again IN Dallas. WHY can't the NFL seem to ever schedule these games for GB?????????? Goes back to 1992, I think?

Okay, so it wasn't short, but ya get the gist. Whatever, the Pack is 10-2. Guess who else is? The Super Bowl Champs Indy Colts. How bad of company is that to be in really? Everybody thinks either Dallas or Green Bay are gonna get annihalated by the Patriots in the SB anyway. I seriously doubt those guys though!!! Dallas or HOPEFULLY the Packers both have a great chance at derailing the dynasty based on what I saw yesterday in both teams!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

Quick and simple....coming from A HUGE Packers fan!!!!

First half: WTF? On the "forward progress" S w/ Owens v. Harris?" I still don't understand it, but I digress, could've been the turning point of the game and was one of the first few plays... After that the pack attack got outplayed, outmanned, and outhustled!!! Favre goes out in the 2nd quarter, and it looks like the S hits the fan! I'm still not sure if the hit was legit??? It looked to me like it was, but IDK? How many roughing the passer calls have I seen after hits like that in the NFL I watch period? If "stars" get preferential treatment, why not Favre in this case??? Still I digress. It was 27-10, the Pack Attack was grounded!

Second half: Pack Attack comes BACK BABY!!! Only to be stripped of all dignity by the questionable calls by the referees. If not for the "phantom" interferrence call, the outcome could've been a bit different. But, Dallas did win. Really at the end of the night.... SO WHAT?

The Pack played the game well. The secondary sucked yeah! And the "front seven" didn't get RomEo on his butt as much as I would've liked!!! Tit for tat dudes, I woulda told them! They take out our guy, go after there priss of a QB! But they didn't, their fault!!!

F, this pains me to say this, but, dude the Pack got outmanned YET again IN Dallas. WHY can't the NFL seem to ever schedule these games for GB?????????? Goes back to 1992, I think?

Okay, so it wasn't short, but ya get the gist. Whatever, the Pack is 10-2. Guess who else is? The Super Bowl Champs Indy Colts. How bad of company is that to be in really? Everybody thinks either Dallas or Green Bay are gonna get annihalated by the Patriots in the SB anyway. I seriously doubt those guys though!!! Dallas or HOPEFULLY the Packers both have a great chance at derailing the dynasty based on what I saw yesterday in both teams!!!

What worries me is the defense. Offensively we're ever bit as good as new england. The defense is what worries me. Granted indy won on a suspect defense and the Rams went to the super bowl on a non-existant defense. so who knows. Now GB is a damn good team, and proved they are one of the best teams in the league. and the cowboys? This is unreal what they are doing this year. With Parcells team no doubt, we have to remember this team was built by parcells. I'm actually of the opinion that his tenure was another turn around sucess. yeah we didn't do much in the playoffs, but he sure the hell built a hell of a team. Which in my opinion validates his stay as a success. We weren't doing this under campo and his 5-11 trilogy, we weren't doing this under Chan Gailey or even Gunsmoke. Who really was a benefactor of Jimmy's teams. Even jimmy's teams aren't doing to teams what this team is doing. Thats with HOFers and probowlers at every position. Landry's teams of the 70? they weren't doing this. This comming from Wade Phillips of all coaches, a guy that flopped at every head coaching stop. This with Romo who was an undrafted FA. He ain't no stud college qb that came from Ohio State and put up playstation numbers and was drafted first by the cowboys and suddenly is lighting the league on fire. No, this is a UDFA that prior to last year wasn't even on the radar in Dallas. yet is putting up numbers that we haven't seen since aikman and staubach etc. granted against teams that couldn't block my grandmother. but what the hell, wins are wins. For the first time in 10 years, i feel good about the direction of this team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Really, though, would you be reacting this way if the Cowboys were playing the way they were 3 or 4 years ago?

My feelings have nothing to do with the Cowboys record, it's all of the mysteriously blown calls that seem to happen everytime the Packers (and other teams) go to Dallas. If the Packers and Cowboys were both 1-10 instead of 10-1, I'd still be mad. Probably not AS mad because there wouldn't be playoff implications, but it's wrong no matter what...

Ooh a counterargument. Well, Favre did look out of form, but he's still having his best statistical year as a pro. He was just anxious, and there were some things that made me want to tell him to settle down, like throwing it 30 yards on 3rd & 1. But as good as Favre is, he is not the lifeblood of the team. Although he does keep the receivers in check, they are the ones who will be the face of this team when Favre leaves, and Rodgers spread out the D and wore them out. They didn't just quit.

So the fact that it was 27-10 when Favre went out doesn't mean anything. It's just a reference point. The Packers (not just the Green Bay Favres) came back to 27-24 as a team, so the promise is there. But also the 3 of the 27 points were on a possession the Packers should have had (the takeaway), and an additional 7 were not directly but were possibly the result of the pass interference, which itself was a result of a crybaby named Miles Austin (or was it Crayton?) that has the persuasive power to garner favorable late calls.

Alright if you take away the 10 points from the Cowboys for calls that should've or shouldn't have been made then you have to go look back at the tape and take back the call on third and 10 (DeMarcus Ware was clearly NOT offsides) ware-offsides-packers07.gif that play was an incomplete pass that would've been a 4th down and punt thus negating the eventual TD...so you'd have to take 7 pts away from the Pack and the Cowboys would've still won by 7...unfortunately there are a lot of things that teams have to battle each game from week to week, whether it's injuries or weather or the oppositions star players. Bad calls are a part of the game. No one wants a game to be decided on a bad call and I really don't think this one was but in the end it really doesn't matter, the Cowboys are 11-1 and the Pack are 10-2. It's a good chance they meet again anyway for a more meaningful outcome...

CIDesignSig.png

He looks offsides to me. He starts as soon as the center looks up prior to the snap. It's close, but if the camera shot was directly down the LOS from a 90-degree angle it would be clear.

With that said, after watching the head zebra's explanation on NFL Network, I have to agree that the pass interference call was correct because the defender was not playing the ball. He did admit however that the Pack got screwed on the Al Harris strip of T.O.

To view, go here and under Browse Videos at left, click "Official Review", then choose Nov. 30.

He looks offsides to me. He starts as soon as the center looks up prior to the snap. It's close, but if the camera shot was directly down the LOS from a 90-degree angle it would be clear.

With that said, after watching the head zebra's explanation on NFL Network, I have to agree that the pass interference call was correct because the defender was not playing the ball. He did admit however that the Pack got screwed on the Al Harris strip of T.O.

To view, go here and under Browse Videos at left, click "Official Review", then choose Nov. 30.

Yeah, that judge was pretty much paid off or something, because anyone can blow the play dead for whatever reason to kill the chance to challenge the takeaway. The reasoning was "he blew his whistle first." I also don't know what the VP guy is on, but I don't take his words for anything. Number one, he said that Terrell Owens had both feet on the ball (huh?). Number two, it shouldn't matter if their feet were tangled on the pass interference because he couldn't have caught that ball anyway. Plus they don't mention the late flag any more than that there was one. The late flag is big, because it only came after Austin whined about it.

Archived