The CCSLC OHL Uniform Project

zer0dotcom

http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?id=3

Just taking a moment to show off the Sportslogos.net Ontario Hockey League section, with a pretty solid history of the past 20 years of logos and uniforms.

I've been working on it for about 3 years now, and CC and I have stretched our resources thin. So we're looking for some dedicated OHL fans to help with quality control. Make sure we've gotten our dates and designs right. And of course, anything we're missing that anyone might have access to (photos, etc.) please pass them along! Help us create the most comprehensive collection of Canadian Junior hockey in the world!

Also, since most of the modern OHL is finished, I've been turning my sights towards the WHL and QMJHL. If anyone has any sources, photos, dates ex cetera to contribute to building a uniform collection for those leagues, feel free to post away! The more information, the better and more complete the section will become!

A few things we're currently looking for:

St. Mike's: The old Alternate logo, St. Mike's in front of the blue clover. I've got sources for the blue alternate jersey, but we don't have that crest.

Windsor: I know there was a green-ish alternate around the 200 season, but we can't find any good sources for it

Oshawa: Sometime in the early 1980's they had another jersey design, but we can't find photos of it anywhere

Brampton: I saw a fan wearing a black 10th anniversary jersey. Are they actually wearing this, and does anyone have a good photo?

Guelph: Looking for a copy of the new crest logo (that says "GUELPH" instead of "STORM")

Petes: a copy of the new Alternate logo. It's basically the same as the one from the 50th anniversary jersey, but with a maple leaf instead of the 50th.

If that black Battalion jersey is the one I've seen kicking around, with basically just the 10th anniversary logo on the front, and the rank stripes then no, it's just promotional as far as I know.

Is that the one you are talking about?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

One question.. confirm this for me.. the OHL did start as the old Ontario Hockey Association, correct?? Then what year did that start?? I see the OHL (OHA) started in 1897? Is that right?? Let me know..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

If that black Battalion jersey is the one I've seen kicking around, with basically just the 10th anniversary logo on the front, and the rank stripes then no, it's just promotional as far as I know.

That's the one. That last time they were in Oshawa, the fan club came, and the booster president was talking to our booster president, and the little group had them on. They're different, could have made a nice little jersey.

That's the one. That last time they were in Oshawa, the fan club came, and the booster president was talking to our booster president, and the little group had them on. They're different, could have made a nice little jersey.

Yeah....The booster club always wears some form of a black jersey. Usually with a rotary club logo on it.

I agree a black jersey would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening, sadly.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I am already in the process of getting the Petes logos for Chris. I have a picture of the new alternate jersey shoulder patch, but it is an actual picture. I don't know if thats what you need or if you need the graphic version, which, I hope to be able to find in a program at some point this year (went to a game about a month ago and they did not have any pictures of either of the new logos, so I am hoping the next time I go that they will). I'll keep you updated but know I am on the hunt!!

Give me your email addy and I'll send you the pictures I have so far. They are better than nothing at the moment I guess.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I am already in the process of getting the Petes logos for Chris. I have a picture of the new alternate jersey shoulder patch, but it is an actual picture. I don't know if thats what you need or if you need the graphic version, which, I hope to be able to find in a program at some point this year (went to a game about a month ago and they did not have any pictures of either of the new logos, so I am hoping the next time I go that they will). I'll keep you updated but know I am on the hunt!!

Give me your email addy and I'll send you the pictures I have so far. They are better than nothing at the moment I guess.

Sure thing, I'll PM you an addy to send it to. I like that alternate design, I think it would be a nice, classy way to upd ate their look if they chose to. The Petes are one of those teams that has managed to retain that very classic/traditional look over the years (shoulder patch aside) but the 50th jersey and this one are very well put together.

And agreed Mr. Neg, the black jersey would be a nice addition to their set. Brampton is one of those teams I have to go and redo. I've been getting better at making the uniforms, and I have more sources to get the correct numbers (I think the 7 is the wrong type) and fix the green.

Your Knights dates are wrong... here's the correct outlook.

They wore the olde English head from 1968 to 1987; the modernized L plus knight from 1987 to 1994, the Spiderknight from 1994 to 2002, and the current knight from 2002 to present. They went back to the 1987-94 knight uniform from Feb. 2002 to the end of that season due to closing the old London Gardens. Also the OHL used whites at home up until this season.

Your striping on the 1987-94 white is incorrect - from top down it went white uni, then black, gold, green, and then white again. There was also no piping on the shoulders from about 1990 on, but I don't remember the exact date.

Hope this helps! You can check my site for franchise dates if you need help.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

They wore the olde English head from 1968 to 1987; the modernized L plus knight from 1987 to 1994, the Spiderknight from 1994 to 2002, and the current knight from 2002 to present. They went back to the 1987-94 knight uniform from Feb. 2002 to the end of that season due to closing the old London Gardens. Also the OHL used whites at home up until this season.

Your striping on the 1987-94 white is incorrect - from top down it went white uni, then black, gold, green, and then white again. There was also no piping on the shoulders from about 1990 on, but I don't remember the exact date.

Does 1968 = 1967/68 or 1968/69? (same with the rest of the years you list)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Those Pete's shoulder patches are fantastic!

Out of curiosity.....has anyone been able to get a pic of Brampton's 10th season patch?

I've searched quite abit, and no luck. Maybe I'll just take a pic of it at the next game I go to.

Those Pete's shoulder patches are fantastic!

Out of curiosity.....has anyone been able to get a pic of Brampton's 10th season patch?

I've searched quite abit, and no luck. Maybe I'll just take a pic of it at the next game I go to.

Check the team's website.

I saw, I came, I left.

Thanks for the help! The Knights are one of those teams we still need to wrap up. They're an oddity since they have their uniform history on their site, which is what we've been using for the 80's and back uniforms, since there are virtually no other sources.

We're using whites as road uniforms due to the OHL swapping so often, and doing the mid-season switch as well. It's easier to maintain continuity that way

One question: did the Knights ever wear these numbers?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ian-Keiller-London-Knig...bayphotohosting

This is the only photo of them I've found, I've never seen a photo of it used on ice before

Thanks for the help! The Knights are one of those teams we still need to wrap up. They're an oddity since they have their uniform history on their site, which is what we've been using for the 80's and back uniforms, since there are virtually no other sources.

And do you want to know the horrible thing? They're completely wrong. I can count at least half a dozen mistakes on that website, just by cross-referencing the uni history with the team photos (they have every year's online on the same site). Cyberteks is a brutal company, they couldn't care less if they have wrong information online.

Those numbers you mention were the numbers from 1994-95 to 2001-02 IIRC.

Dates were 1968-69 to 1986-87, 1987-88 to 1993-94, 1994-95 to 2001-02, 2002, and 2002-03 to present.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

The Petes Uniforms are sweet - I love the name in script across the front. The entire city name looks great.

The should patches are very nice too. I love the city logo (bridges and all).

Maroon and vegas gold look so good together.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The should patches are very nice too. I love the city logo (bridges and all).

That's actually the Peterborough Lift Lock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_Lift_Lock

The liftlocks are not the most pleasent place to play pick-up hockey, but hey, its free ice!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived