Vancouver Vintage Alternate

Bruins4Life

Well here's a different one. I really love Luongo's vintage Johnny Canuck helmet, and I thought a jersey that would match it would be fun to see. So I made one. I stayed away from white and went with a cream color similar to the Wilds color. Matches the helmet. And used the new rink/stick logo for the front instead of the traditional one. Then a bit of a different V/Rockies logo for the shoulder. Stayed with a simple, vintage font without an outline. I think it came out alright!

As always C&C welcome!

EDIT: Well I fixed up the logo, removed the over powering stitching, well most of it. I also recolored it to match more closely the shoulder patches. And I threw on the NHL logo on the neck!

vancouveraltpu0.png

Good job man. The logo could use a little cleaning up, but it looks good none-theless.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Good job man. The logo could use a little cleaning up, but it looks good none-theless.

Ya I was trying the whole sewn on thing...stitches need to be way smaller! Anywho...I'm going to replace the logo and repost, should look a lot better then. And thanx for all the great comments everyone...keep 'em coming!

Thanx for the comments guys, I wanted new but also retro or vintage feel for these and I guess the ultimate pat on the back is getting positive reviews from those of you who bleed Canuck colors! I mean you have every reason to be picky about them cause they're your team, so thanx for the positive comments on them!

I hate the new 'updated' vintage logo, especially the slant they put on the shaft. I think it looks terrible but that's not really your fault.

I like the beige colours being the primary jersey colour, but I think the waist stripes can be thinned or even made simpler. I also think a primarily beige jersey warrants the white in the logo be changed to beige as well. I'm not a big fan of jerseys having a different primary colour than the ones provided on the logo.

duck_sig.jpg

<---------------
I like the alternate logo!

Nice design

I like it too... Wonder why??

HA! I apologize profusely!! I wasn't sure if I saw that somewhere online or here or wherever, when it came to me...I thought "Vancouver's out west and the rockies are in BC!" I honestly didn't know, this is the first one of your posts I've ever seen I think! If you want I can remove it!

<---------------
I like the alternate logo!

Nice design

I like it too... Wonder why??

HA! I apologize profusely!! I wasn't sure if I saw that somewhere online or here or wherever, when it came to me...I thought "Vancouver's out west and the rockies are in BC!" I honestly didn't know, this is the first one of your posts I've ever seen I think! If you want I can remove it!

No worries, it's all good. Goes to show that its a logical design idea that the Canucks should implement. Ditch the Orca!

As for your jersey design this is something that I hope the Canucks utilize when 3rds come back. Green jersey! Stick logo on the chest!

Archived