It was forty years ago today

CC97

There is no denying the influence the Beatles had on modern rock and pop music. But just like them, there is also Hendrix, the Doors, and Led Zeppelin, who have also has strong influences as well. All four of these acts came out around the same time, or within a few years of each other.

But the Beatles get more credit because they were the first big rock & roll group, and not just one big singer with a back-up band. They all could write words and music, so as a whole they were very talented. The Beatles get the most publicity because they also influenced so many different genres of music..rock, pop, dance. And I also own "1" like most people, but I think they are terribly overplayed. I wish they could have stuck together longer than 8 years, maybe we'd have more to listen to. We get it...they were a very good band. Even Elvis doesn't get played as often as they did, and he was the most innovative PERFORMER.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There is no denying the influence the Beatles had on modern rock and pop music. But just like them, there is also Hendrix, the Doors, and Led Zeppelin, who have also has strong influences as well. All four of these acts came out around the same time, or within a few years of each other.

All those bands came out about 5 years after the Beatles began

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I was born in October of 1964, just a little over eight months after the Beatles landed at JFK Airport. I really first got into the Beatle Stuff around 1972 when my older brother purchased some Beatles LP, mainly Sgt. Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, and The White Album, jsut to name a few. I really got hooked on the Beatles in 1978 when I saw Beatlemania on Broadway- It was great. Bands may come and bands may go, But we will always have John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

BTW, I will have a few rounds of Beatles trivia Starting tonight, in honor of their 40th anniversary on the Ed Sullivan show debut.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Abbey Road is one of my all time favorite albums.  Revolver is up there too.  I have both of those on CD together with Hard Day's Night, Meet The Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper, and Rubber Soul.  And I also have the "red" and "blue" albums (greatest hits and not considered a "real" part of the Beatles catalogue) on EIGHT TRACK!!!!

I seen 'em wit my own eyes!

I was eight years old and everbody was talking about the Beatles. That Sunday night we turned the old Black and white TV to KDKA Channel 2 in Pittsburgh and watched Ed Sullivan. I knew something was up, because my parents never watched Ed Sullivan!

What I saw was four young men with the longest hair I had ever seen on a guy.

What I heard was a ton of young girls screaming and at times they almost drowned the Fab Four out.

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

For those of you interested they will be re-airing the Beatles performance on the Ed Sullivan show from Feb 9 1964 tonight on Letterman.

In case you did not know they film The Late Show on the same stage as that performance.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived