Penguins want third jersey.

risio

As a Pens fan, I HATE THIS!!! I knew they would pull this stunt after they got it set up for the winter classic. There is not one ounce of blue in their current set and hasn't been for 28 years now. Bring back yellow and have a set similar to '84 with a white, black, and yellow alt.

As a throwback for say 4 or 5 games I have no problem with any of the old school blue uni's but I wouldn't want to see them as a third jersey they would wear a few times a month.

What I wish the Pens would do is use the template from the uniforms they wore yesterday and just replace the colors with Black and Gold(either version).

See, I don't like a throwback for a throwback's sake. If you're celebrating something, that's fine, but if you just want them to have them, then change the whole package. I don't like how the Brewers have one identity, but on Fridays they have another. I def. hate the NBA because you never know who's wearing what anymore (dark, white, throwback, alt). I don't want it to end up like the Chargers trying to satisfy everyone and getting one big mess.

That uni with today's colors (I'm talking yellow and not Vegas Gold) would be really nice, but that crest is too dated. I thought the unis at the classic looked nice (I wore my old light blue jersey today to work), but it doesn't scream Pens hockey to me. I still think if you take last year's unis and swap vegas with yellow gold and get a yellow alt ala '84, you'd have a really nice set.

Powder blue is the "hot" color these days and the Thrashers have it covered. Should have known it was coming when they wore them in WB/S.

That's just my .02 though.

KISSwall09.jpg

Here's a third that I hope goes fulltime soon enough. Yes, powder blue is somewhat the de rigeur fashion color of late, the Thrashers have now moved over to said color, and all the other reasons against - but it's got to be an improvement over the black and tan (gold? that ain't gold, it's khaki if i've ever blanched at a pair of Dockers pants). Maybe not the black and yellow, but that's long gone.

(gold? that ain't gold, it's khaki if i've ever blanched at a pair of Dockers pants)

It is gold...it depends on the texture of the fabric or paper or whatever its on, lightning, and what color was used.....its not an easy color to replicate...its supposed to be gold, however, alot of times it doesnt look that way. Ive seen it look really yellow, green, brown, silvery.... partly why having that color isnt the best idea...

I agree, vegas gold = worst color combo of theirs (not that any have been bad), but the old Black and Gold needs to come back more than the Blues...

oBIgzrL.png

You know, it dawns on me that going back to wearing white at home, dark on the road would make the 3rd jersey make a lot more sense. The alt tends to be dark, which means you have your choice of dark or dark at home, which makes no sense to me.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

You know, it dawns on me that going back to wearing white at home, dark on the road would make the 3rd jersey make a lot more sense. The alt tends to be dark, which means you have your choice of dark or dark at home, which makes no sense to me.

I can't recall where I heard this but I remember that part of the decision to wear darks at home was so that you could wear your alts for the home fans instead of on the road. Also I think the pens using powder blue is a bad idea mainly because it is such an unused colour and because my thrashers already use it. I don't know, I just think it would be weird for two teams to use such a different colour scheme (powder blue, navy blue) at the same time.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

It is easier to bring 1 jersey set on the road than two (which includes pant shells, helmets, socks, jerseys and at times gloves.) It was for this reason that darks were kept for home so there would be less to lug around and to have to keep clean.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

All powder. All the time. And Atlanta can pound salt if that's the issue. (I know it's not, but the Pens looked amazing on Tuesday. That's the issue.)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I can't recall where I heard this but I remember that part of the decision to wear darks at home was so that you could wear your alts for the home fans instead of on the road. Also I think the pens using powder blue is a bad idea mainly because it is such an unused colour and because my thrashers already use it. I don't know, I just think it would be weird for two teams to use such a different colour scheme (powder blue, navy blue) at the same time.

by that logic the penguins shouldnt be black and gold/yellow cuz the bruins had it first (and the bruins were pissed with the original switch to begin with)

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived