Hockey Logo Concept

Clark

As I posted earlier on the the General Design forum, I am currently in my final year of studying Multimedia Design at the University of Ulster. For my major project I have decided to create an interactive ice hockey learning website designed to raise awareness of the game. While the website will provide information on the sport in general, its main focus is to teach beginner to intermediate players the skills needed to advance their game though the use of video, illustration and related reading.

I have decided to brand the project 'Odd Man Rush' and am now attempting to create a logo to accompany my proposal which is due by the end of the week.

As I said in my original post on the general forum, my initial idea was to create a logo showing snow rushing down a mountain with a puck a the bottom of the logo but my earlier attempts where just looking typically Colorado Avs-esque.

Here is my latest version:

oddmanrush.png

And here is one example of how it will be used. In this case, on the front cover of my project proposal...

cover.jpg

or maybe even a jersey...

kit.png

C&Cs most welcome

prospects.png

vets.png

Love it! Only things I'm not loving are the negative space under the r & u, and I think the blue should match with the jersey better. Other than that this is great. Still a solid A.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Love it! Only things I'm not loving are the negative space under the r & u, and I think the blue should match with the jersey better. Other than that this is great. Still a solid A.

Yeah I see what you mean about the negative space. I tried moving the snow up to cover that gap but it just caused readability problems. Do you think I should just fill this section with dark blue or is there a better way to solve the problem?

P.S. The jerseys are just the Pens Winter Classic kits which I have crudely photoshopped my logo over the top of.

prospects.png

vets.png

Yeah I see what you mean about the negative space. I tried moving the snow up to cover that gap but it just caused readability problems. Do you think I should just fill this section with dark blue or is there a better way to solve the problem?

P.S. The jerseys are just the Pens Winter Classic kits which I have crudely photoshopped my logo over the top of.

That's the only way I was thinking you could fix it. I did a quick mockup and it looked fine to me.

And the streamy-snpwy thingy reminds me so much of the 76ers haha.

But I definitely think if you filled the nagative space it would be A+ work. Mighty fine clark, mighty fine.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

logo is way too Avalanche, jersey is way too Penguins

He just said above that the jerseys ARE the Penguins' jerseys, from the Winter Classic. I think he was just doing it to show what the logo would look like on jerseys in general.

That being said, my mind immediately jumped to the negative space you guys mentioned - and I think filling it with dark blue is the way to go. I don't think it'll look bad - nice, nice logo by the way!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Clever Name - logo is simple and nice. Clean looking - I like it.

What about a little red inside the 'rush' text and white trim for the oddman text. That would spruce it up.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

substitute odd man for say Denver or Colorado and that makes a sweet hockey logo.

I think it might look better on the avalanche old style jersey. other than that like everyone else said, kill the negative space between R and U. Its a bit distracting, because that seems to be the first thing my eye points too.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thanks for all the comments guys, I've took on board what everyone has said and have removed the negitive space. I agree that it looks much better now...

oddmanrush2.png

While I'm here I thought I might as well put up a page of my proposal too:

branding.jpg

something about the logo just screams "winterfresh gum". is it just me?

having just googled winterfresh gum i can see where you are coming from. I think it is the colours, plus the mountains and the similar looking typeface used.

What about a little red inside the 'rush' text and white trim for the oddman text. That would spruce it up.

Not a bad idea but I decided not to go with it as this logo is going to be used a lot at small sizes and when shrunk down a lot of the fine detail would end up getting lost.

prospects.png

vets.png

Archived