Mats Sundin

zer0dotcom

Big article in the Toronto Star today, saying that MLSE has limited JFJ's powers as GM. Maybe be an indicator that they want Sundin to stay and are willing to override the powers of their manager to do it. If Feuguson is in control, and Sundin is traded to Ottawa, then he'll be finished. A smart GM wouldn't trade him to any Northwest teams.

Detroit always seems like they make the late trades to keep themselves competitive, they do seem the obvious choice (though I can't for the life of me figure out who they would send) Calgary would be a good team, they are in good position to make a run this season, they have the talent around to support Sundin, I think it would be a good trade. Same with Vancouver. Both are in the middle of the conference, and very talented.

I also read that we have been shopping Blake with no takers.... which doesn't surprise me, I was against his signing in the summer and it has turned out that I am right. I bet my friend he wouldn't top 40 points and at the moment I may be right.

I also heard that the board now has to approve or reject any trade deals JFJ makes or is offered. Who knows if this means certain "name" players will be moved or not, all I do know is that people who don't know hockey are now in control and it scares me. I'd rather have a hockey mind with bad luck pull the strings over a bunch of no-knowledge owners. This worries me... and I know it won't end well.

Helloooooooo Mr. Sundin :)

The odds of Sundin going to Ottawa are about the same as, say, Tucker going there (and we all know how much he HATES those guys with a constipated man on their jerseys). If anything, we'd peddle off Blake to help fill Heatley's void. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I also heard that the board now has to approve or reject any trade deals JFJ makes or is offered. Who knows if this means certain "name" players will be moved or not, all I do know is that people who don't know hockey are now in control and it scares me. I'd rather have a hockey mind with bad luck pull the strings over a bunch of no-knowledge owners. This worries me... and I know it won't end well.

The real problem is Richard Peddie. He wants full control, yet he doesn't know a thing about hockey ( as you said ). He refused Scotty Bowman and decided to stick with jfj ( what a stupid move ). All he cares about is making money and as long as those seats are filled he doesn't care.

Now if hes in "control" of the deals jfj makes, and wants to trade Sundin I'm pretty sure the leafs would get the downfall of the trade.

I could rant on more about the MSLE, but im sure you know how it is by now neon lol.

It isn't he who is said to have the final say, its the board itself, meaning the owners of the team (which is the impression I have been getting from the various articles). Yes Peddie wants his control but I do believe it is now above his head, partly why he was considering stepping down in favour of Bowman. It is all very confusing, all I know is that I want them to do something that will help the team in the long run... but I am not going to count on it. lol

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Big article in the Toronto Star today, saying that MLSE has limited JFJ's powers as GM. Maybe be an indicator that they want Sundin to stay and are willing to override the powers of their manager to do it. If Feuguson is in control, and Sundin is traded to Ottawa, then he'll be finished. A smart GM wouldn't trade him to any Northwest teams.

Detroit always seems like they make the late trades to keep themselves competitive, they do seem the obvious choice (though I can't for the life of me figure out who they would send) Calgary would be a good team, they are in good position to make a run this season, they have the talent around to support Sundin, I think it would be a good trade. Same with Vancouver. Both are in the middle of the conference, and very talented.

I also read that we have been shopping Blake with no takers.... which doesn't surprise me, I was against his signing in the summer and it has turned out that I am right. I bet my friend he wouldn't top 40 points and at the moment I may be right.

The odds of Sundin going to Ottawa are about the same as, say, Tucker going there (and we all know how much he HATES those guys with a constipated man on their jerseys). If anything, we'd peddle off Blake to help fill Heatley's void. ^_^

Too bad the Senator's management know a thing or two about hockey.

And constipated? You are quite the original comedian, constipation and logos, that is truly a breath of fresh air (material-wise) Bravo! Bravo!

Must be hard when all you got now is too poke fun at your rival's logo. Shame, it really is.

:P

Edit: and you don't think Sundin or Tucker would flip over for a year for a good chance to do well in the playoffs?

Hi, how are you?

It isn't he who is said to have the final say, its the board itself, meaning the owners of the team (which is the impression I have been getting from the various articles). Yes Peddie wants his control but I do believe it is now above his head, partly why he was considering stepping down in favour of Bowman. It is all very confusing, all I know is that I want them to do something that will help the team in the long run... but I am not going to count on it. lol

All and all the real problem here is the MSLE , which we all know by now lol. They the ones who hired jfj ( a rookie gm ) but mainly the blame is on Peddie because hes the president, hes the one that hired jfj ( I think ).

But i still cant believe they didn't hire Bowman. To think of what he could of bring and done for the team. How could they all get to together and not agree on hiring him.

I'm lost and probably guna have to wait another 40 years lol.

4kv29i.jpg

All and all the real problem here is the MSLE , which we all know by now lol. They the ones who hired jfj ( a rookie gm ) but mainly the blame is on Peddie because hes the president, hes the one that hired jfj ( I think ).

But i still cant believe they didn't hire Bowman. To think of what he could of bring and done for the team. How could they all get to together and not agree on hiring him.

I'm lost and probably guna have to wait another 40 years lol.

Don't forget he is in his 70's. Sometimes just having a name doesn't mean anything...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Too bad the Senator's management know a thing or two about hockey.

And constipated? You are quite the original comedian, constipation and logos, that is truly a breath of fresh air (material-wise) Bravo! Bravo!

Must be hard when all you got now is too poke fun at your rival's logo. Shame, it really is.

:P

Edit: and you don't think Sundin or Tucker would flip over for a year for a good chance to do well in the playoffs?

Think of it this way. You dont spend over 10 years playing your toughest/ most hyped games against someone only to want to play for them. You don't play 4 very tough playoff series with them only to be on their team. It won't happen, players have standards and sometimes, personal feelings get in the way of decisions. And honestly, our front office may be in trouble but we are smart enough to know NOT to deal with Ottawa anymore. You have NO idea the kind of repercutions that will happen if either of them go to play for this team, not only for the players but for the organization itself.

As for management, I still stand by my claim that Ottawa made a mistake in promoting Murray to GM. Give it some more time and you will see just how bad of a GM he really is. He has already hand cuffed the team and signed 5 players to contracts which take up half of the entire cap room. Be paitent, you will see just how bad of a GM he is when being forced to deal with trading players or signing new ones.

And as for the logo, I have always made fun of it. I'm glad I don't have some guy in need of an enema as the face of my team.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Don't forget he is in his 70's. Sometimes just having a name doesn't mean anything...

Thats true.

*signs* I guess no matter how much we agree or disagree i guess our opinions don't mean nothing to them. The seats are being filled , so they making money ( thats all they really care about ). I just hope its not another 30 years or more until we see that cup in t.o.

Anyways back to Sundin. If he knows his career is coming to an end, hopefully he talks with Peddie, I mean jfj and tells them what I can do , to help the team out. If he does agree to go with it, hopefully jfj can find or accept a decent trade , receiving some nice prospects , or even some key players in return.

Changes need to be made, but its kinda sad it took them this long to figure it out lol.

4kv29i.jpg

I think a move to a team like the Wild would be a gerat move for Mats. It may sound farfetched, but think about it - Minnesota is a very young team that needs a mentoring sparkplug to really make damage. Mats has been in the league a long time and has been one of the best players in the league for quite sometime. Just mix that with the young, fast talent in Minnesota and BOOM! You got yourself a scary team. And Mats would really become a role model there, I think. That would be his best move in my opinion.

I'd squeal like a little girl and then pee my pants if that ever happened.

What a nice way for the new owner to win over the fans. B)

Watch, he'll probably end up a Ranger. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If they were free agents in the offseason I could see it happening. I don't see the Leafs dealing either to Ottawa because they're in the same division. Smart Gms (I know...I know) don't deal within their division. That's why Quebec would never have won the Cup in 1996 if they stayed. Montreal would never have dealt them Roy.

Really, if you deal a star player you want them as far away as possible so they don't come back to bite you in the ass. I heard some rumours about San Jose, could be interesting. I find Detroit far more likely, but so much depends on what teams really want him.

If they were free agents in the offseason I could see it happening. I don't see the Leafs dealing either to Ottawa because they're in the same division. Smart Gms (I know...I know) don't deal within their division. That's why Quebec would never have won the Cup in 1996 if they stayed. Montreal would never have dealt them Roy.

Cue Yzerfan19 and his Quebec stays ATL :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Cue Yzerfan19 and his Quebec stays ATL :)

You could have just used the search function yourself if you wanted to bring that back up. :)

Archived