Georgia Frontiere dead at 80

Viper

Prayers for her family, and thank you for bringing the team to St. Louis.

That said, this was a needed step for the franchise to recover.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I still respected Georgia when she move the Rams to St.Louis but I'd lost all respect for her when after winning SBXXXIV she said that her best decision was to leave LA. I'm sad that she died but I doubt that the LA RAMS fan is mourning.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Haha. Yeah, but does this mean the Rams will stay in St. Louis?

Depends on who ultimately becomes the owner.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a little ironic that the woman responsible for taking the Rams from Los Angeles dies in Los Angeles.

Not terribly...she may have moved the team, but she herself never really left.

Today, we are all otaku.

My question is: how was she set up in terms of ownership transfer?.. who are the heirs, etc.

Wondering if this will turn out to be a successful 'generational' transfer (the Rooneys/Steelers, the Irsays/Colts) or one in which the heirs have to wind up selling (the Robbies/Dolphins, et als).....

It is what it is.

If Georgia was smart she would've waited a couple year more and maybe the Rams would have a new stadium in LA possibly in downtown.

A sure thing with St Louis versus a maybe commitment from LA? She made the right move.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

My question is: how was she set up in terms of ownership transfer?.. who are the heirs, etc.

That hasn't been disclosed, and it's probably going to be a little while at least before it shakes out. My personal guess is that there's a sale in the Rams future.

Common thought in Ramland is that while she may have stated a wish to "keep the team in the family" and let Chip own it*, the family will be unloading at least enough of their stake so that there may be a change in majority ownership. Stan Kroenke has right of first refusal, but NFL bylaws regarding owning teams in other leagues may? play a role.

They were trying to take steps to facilitate a peaceful transfer with minimal tax impact, but I think they were planning on Georgia holding on for another couple of months-now this is going to be really interesting.

Also watch for team President John Shaw (de facto owner/operator recently) and possibly Jay Zygmunt (his exact title escapes me at the moment-but he's the #2 guy in the organization) to leave the franchise as soon as the transfer is made. EDIT-There will be much rejoicing when the above happens.

*now that's ironic, as that is what Carroll Rosenbloom wanted all along-Georgia was only supposed to run it temporarily as a trustee.

Today, we are all otaku.

It seems marrying Georgia was bad luck

Her second husband was killed when hit by a bus. She left her third husband to try to make it as a showgirl in Las Vegas. Her fourth marriage ? to a stage manager of the Sacramento Music Circus ? ended in divorce after three years. Husband No. 5 was a Miami television producer.

She married Rosenbloom in 1966, shortly after he took over the Baltimore Colts. He eventually swapped that franchise for the Rams, which his wife took control of after he drowned.

Frontiere remarried again after Rosenbloom's death. Her seventh husband, Dominic Frontiere, was an award-winning composer. They divorced in 1988 upon his release from prison after serving time on tax charges related to the scalping of more than 2,500 tickets to the 1980 Super Bowl in Pasadena.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

When I was a KID a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng time ago, (in LA) there was always rumor that her husbands' deaths were "not by accident".

I was never a fan of hers, she moved football to St. Louis, wow! It should never have left... and she seemed to be a money chaser....

Death is never something I wish upon anyone, happy thoughts to the family... but as a football fan I will not miss her.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived