Crosby Injured

habsfan1

So it's less disgusting because he doesn't have a sewn on letter on his chest, Ok I think I get it now.

You do realize you keep we keep switching arguements :P

Ok, let me make this more simple for you.

Elbow = Bad

Elbow by Captain = Worse

Make sense?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So it's less disgusting because he doesn't have a sewn on letter on his chest, Ok I think I get it now.

Elbow = Bad

Elbow by Captain = Worse

Make sense?

That is what I said.

I really don't care anymore, we never get anywhere :D

Hi, how are you?

Elbow = Bad

Elbow by Captain = Worse

Make sense?

That is what I said.

See, I took it as sarcasm, hence my responce.

Anyways, Crosby is officially out - placed on the IR!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Elbow = Bad

Elbow by Captain = Worse

Make sense?

That is what I said.

See, I took it as sarcasm, hence my responce.

Anyways, Crosby is officially out - placed on the IR!

Ok I understand the whole elbowing while being a captain as opposed to a normal player, but surely you don't think shooting the puck at a well padded area by a captain as opposed to a deliberate elbow to the face by a normal player is worse. Or do you?

Hi, how are you?

You know, I really feel sorry for Sid the Kid. He's talented in the wrong sport. Hockey is by far the worst sport to be talented at. I'm not insulting the sport, but I'm unhappy with the NHL. Give the guy a break, at age 18 he was pretty much asked to revive the sport, and carry this so called "multibillion dollar" business on his back, and to produce interest in the dead american audiences. Talk about pressure. And a few months ago, before the injury, I heard Nick Kypreos complain about Sidney Crosby's point total, saying it wasn't high enough to make him the "superstar" athlete that the NHL needs him to be. Now why do I say that he's playing the wrong sport, well suppose he was a talented basketball player turning pro, or a talented football player, i.e LeBron James or Reggie Bush, now granted they were hyped up coming when turning pro, but once there, their both just another athlete. David Stern doesn't expect LeBron James to carry the NBA on his back, same with Goddell and Reggie Bush. But yet Crosby is pretty much expected to that by pretty much everybody. I guess this is what's wrong with the NHL. And to his credit, crosby is doing more than he ever has to. First off he's a model citizen, carries himself exceptionally well off ice, and he's producing on the ice as well. But yet, I still here people complain about this guy saying he's not doing enough to carry the sport. I mean when was it his responsibility to save hockey. Isn't that Bettman's job. This turns me off to the NHL. Let the kid be a kid.

Ok I understand the whole elbowing while being a captain as opposed to a normal player, but surely you don't think shooting the puck at a well padded area by a captain as opposed to a deliberate elbow to the face by a normal player is worse. Or do you?

You can control where an elbow goes, but it isn't the same with a puck. You may be "aiming" for a padded area, but there is no guarantee that is where it will go. What would have happened had it gone higher and hit him somewhere above the shoulders? A puck can be much, much more damaging because it is denser and travels at a higher speed than an elbow ever could. I'd rather take an elbow to the head over a fast traveling puck. There is a reason why players who get pucks in the face receive much more trauma and damage than those who just get elbowed. Sure you could get a broken nose and a concussion, but you won't see them with shattered jaws or half of their skull caved in. That little black disk is much more dangerous... there is a reason why Goalies began to wear masks when Bobby Hull started zooming down the wing and winding up for a shot...

This is why what he did was so bad, because the intention had the possibility of resulting in something truly horrible. Just because it hit him in the leg does not mean it is justifiable - the fact he even deliberately chose to shoot at another player who doesn't have the protection of a goalie is despicable.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

You can control where an elbow goes, but it isn't the same with a puck. You may be "aiming" for a padded area, but there is no guarantee that is where it will go. What would have happened had it gone higher and hit him somewhere above the shoulders? A puck can be much, much more damaging because it is denser and travels at a higher speed than an elbow ever could. I'd rather take an elbow to the head over a fast traveling puck. There is a reason why players who get pucks in the face receive much more trauma and damage than those who just get elbowed. Sure you could get a broken nose and a concussion, but you won't see them with shattered jaws or half of their skull caved in. That little black disk is much more dangerous... there is a reason why Goalies began to wear masks when Bobby Hull started zooming down the wing and winding up for a shot...

This is why what he did was so bad, because the intention had the possibility of resulting in something truly horrible. Just because it hit him in the leg does not mean it is justifiable - the fact he even deliberately chose to shoot at another player who doesn't have the protection of a goalie is despicable.

Now let's be clear I absolutely hate the fact that Alfredsson did what he did, but I think to hate or despise him for just one thing that could have happened but didn't is just ridiculous, especially considering you admire a guy who has a history of intentional dirty hits.

Hi, how are you?

In a broom closet on a secluded hallway in Rockefeller Center, NBC Sports execs are sobbing not-so-quietly.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Now let's be clear I absolutely hate the fact that Alfredsson did what he did, but I think to hate or despise him for just one thing that could have happened but didn't is just ridiculous, especially considering you admire a guy who has a history of intentional dirty hits.

Stick Swinging mockery of Sundin... I have not forgotten about that. That was a douche bag thing to do.

Domi never really did much that was "dirty" though, maybe in todays game it would be. Hell, are you going to say Steven's made it into the HHOF from delivering dirty hits? If that were the case, Gordie Howe should be banned from all the head hunting with his elbow he did during his days as a player. Its a different game and when they played they were allowed to do what they did, so don't judge past events with current standards. Different times, different standards, and Domi mostly changed with the times and rarely stepped out of line, just the odd time.

I have my reasons for disliking him, mainly for possessing a non-sportsman like personality. And if I remember correctly, most, if not all Sens fans were calling for him to be shipped out of town right up until they reached the Cup finals... now people want to carry his seed. I don't get it.

Alfredsson is scum, and I won't budge on this view of him. I know what I look for in terms of qualities in people and if I know they are pricks or are un-sportsman like, I don't support them.

With this injury, I wonder if this will come to plague Crosby for the rest of his career... I have a feeling he may rush it, I mean, he played on a broken foot in the playoffs....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I dont think Crosby will push it. Sure, when hes expected to be back, the team will be deep in a playoff race (if they make it through this injury situation [fleury, roberts, eaton, armstrong, hall, also out]). But, as annoying on ice as he is to other teams, and as often as he tries to force a play (he tried to put the puck in the slot with a spin move at the half boards least 5 times a game), he's a smart player. He should know that the best thing he can do is take his time and make sure he's fully healed and ready to go before playing another game.

oBIgzrL.png

Stick Swinging mockery of Sundin... I have not forgotten about that. That was a douche bag thing to do.

Domi never really did much that was "dirty" though, maybe in todays game it would be. Hell, are you going to say Steven's made it into the HHOF from delivering dirty hits? If that were the case, Gordie Howe should be banned from all the head hunting with his elbow he did during his days as a player. Its a different game and when they played they were allowed to do what they did, so don't judge past events with current standards. Different times, different standards, and Domi mostly changed with the times and rarely stepped out of line, just the odd time.

I have my reasons for disliking him, mainly for possessing a non-sportsman like personality. And if I remember correctly, most, if not all Sens fans were calling for him to be shipped out of town right up until they reached the Cup finals... now people want to carry his seed. I don't get it.

Alfredsson is scum, and I won't budge on this view of him. I know what I look for in terms of qualities in people and if I know they are pricks or are un-sportsman like, I don't support them.

With this injury, I wonder if this will come to plague Crosby for the rest of his career... I have a feeling he may rush it, I mean, he played on a broken foot in the playoffs....

(I hope you know this isn't a heated flame war type thing)

One thing I don't get is how you can dislike someone for pretending to throw a stick, when Sundin actually did, I don't think it's a disgusting thing to do

( maybe someone who is "neutral" in the Sens/Leafs rivalry can weigh in), players mock players all the time and always have.

And last time I checked elbowing was still pretty bad before the lockout and while Domi was playing maybe not as much but still pretty dirty especially in the example of Domi on Niedermayer. Maybe not back in the time that Howe played, but just a couple of years ago yah it was pretty bad.

Have you ever met Alfredsson? He was a really nice guy the time I met him in 03 at the Sensplex, he took time to sign some autographs and shot the breeze, really nice guy, just as I'm sure Tie Domi was off of the ice. So there are people you choose not to like just because there a poor sport in your own definition?

Hi, how are you?

One thing I don't get is how you can dislike someone for pretending to throw a stick, when Sundin actually did, I don't think it's a disgusting thing to do

( maybe someone who is "neutral" in the Sens/Leafs rivalry can weigh in), players mock players all the time and always have.

And last time I checked elbowing was still pretty bad before the lockout and while Domi was playing maybe not as much but still pretty dirty especially in the example of Domi on Niedermayer. Maybe not back in the time that Howe played, but just a couple of years ago yah it was pretty bad.

Have you ever met Alfredsson? He was a really nice guy the time I met him in 03 at the Sensplex, he took time to sign some autographs and shot the breeze, really nice guy, just as I'm sure Tie Domi was off of the ice. So there are people you choose not to like just because there a poor sport in your own definition?

Sigh... Sundin throwing his stick was accidental, it broke, he had the top of it left in his hand, and he kind of swung his arm and BAM, went flying into the stands. No taste captain the next game decided it would be fun during a break to mimic it. On the bright side, it caused us to put the Sens out of the Playoffs once again. A smart thing for a captain to do, act immature? No.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between meeting a player at a team held convention and meeting a player randomly out in the streets or even a bar. Of course they are going to be friendly at a team run event - they are being PAID to sign autographs and keep a smile on their faces. It is usually when you meet them in another environment you have a chance to see what they are like. I met Domi randomly in my dads office building while my friend met him at a bar, a place where people kept saying they could kick his ass and he just humored them and then brushed them off. Different environments force out different personality traits.

As for the elbow, I didn't say it isn't bad (just not AS bad as intending to injure by shooting a puck at someone), just the punishments are more severe today than they were a few years back before the lock out, especially when a player has been head hunting. Domi only got in real crap because he did it when the Leafs were losing the game and there was less than 3 minutes left in the game. If it was any other time, especially if the game was tied or something, he may not have received the same punishment because it would be considered a part of the game and not something stupid to do when you are losing and about to be eliminated.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Sigh... Sundin throwing his stick was accidental, it broke, he had the top of it left in his hand, and he kind of swung his arm and BAM, went flying into the stands. No taste captain the next game decided it would be fun during a break to mimic it. On the bright side, it caused us to put the Sens out of the Playoffs once again. A smart thing for a captain to do, act immature? No.

Keep in mind, there is a difference between meeting a player at a team held convention and meeting a player randomly out in the streets or even a bar. Of course they are going to be friendly at a team run event - they are being PAID to sign autographs and keep a smile on their faces. It is usually when you meet them in another environment you have a chance to see what they are like. I met Domi randomly in my dads office building while my friend met him at a bar, a place where people kept saying they could kick his ass and he just humored them and then brushed them off. Different environments force out different personality traits.

As for the elbow, I didn't say it isn't bad (just not AS bad as intending to injure by shooting a puck at someone), just the punishments are more severe today than they were a few years back before the lock out, especially when a player has been head hunting. Domi only got in real crap because he did it when the Leafs were losing the game and there was less than 3 minutes left in the game. If it was any other time, especially if the game was tied or something, he may not have received the same punishment because it would be considered a part of the game and not something stupid to do when you are losing and about to be eliminated.

What are you talking about, it wasn't an accident, he was upset that he "foiled" on offensive chance, and threw his stick. Is THAT a smart thing for a captain to do?

Tsn's story on some forum.

You really believe that because of that one stick joke that Toronto was fueled to beat Ottawa? Come on, I think your just trying to bring in the Leafs beating us in the playoffs, so you can say that you win.

When I met Alfredsson it wasn't a team thing, it was after one of their skates, on his way home he said. My dad know's the owner of a restaurant in Kanata, the name is uhhh I think it was something rouge. Anyway he used to tell me that Alfredsson was always a classy guy, take it for what it's worth.

And I know you didn't say it wasn't bad, but you said it wasn't dirty. Are you kidding me? Just because it was at the end of the game you think it was dirtier, give me a break if it had happened in the first minute people would still be upset. He INTENDED to take him out. You can't compare something that did happen to something that could have happened, and say that the latter is worse. You know your hockey but I think your hate of the Sens is making some of your arguments a little weak. :P

Hi, how are you?

What are you talking about, it wasn't an accident, he was upset that he "foiled" on offensive chance, and threw his stick. Is THAT a smart thing for a captain to do?

You really believe that because of that one stick joke that Toronto was fueled to beat Ottawa? Come on, I think your just trying to bring in the Leafs beating us in the playoffs, so you can say that you win.

When I met Alfredsson it wasn't a team thing, it was after one of their skates, on his way home he said. My dad know's the owner of a restaurant in Kanata, the name is uhhh I think it was something rouge. Anyway he used to tell me that Alfredsson was always a classy guy, take it for what it's worth.

And I know you didn't say it wasn't bad, but you said it wasn't dirty. Are you kidding me? Just because it was at the end of the game you think it was dirtier, give me a break if it had happened in the first minute people would still be upset. He INTENDED to take him out. You can't compare something that did happen to something that could have happened, and say that the latter is worse. You know your hockey but I think your hate of the Sens is making some of your arguments a little weak. :P

I can't find the video of it but I remember it flying out on a back swing. I forgot the time line I guess, but they played Ottawa soon after and Alfie mocked it.

Someone is always a classy guy when they give your establishment money. ;)

I said it isn't as dirty as it would be now. Alfie intended to shoot the puck at Nieds. You don't shoot a puck at a player unless you hope to either piss them off royally or injure them. Hitting is part of the game, sniping players is not. What Domi did was in poor taste but what Alfie did was worse.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I can't find the video of it but I remember it flying out on a back swing. I forgot the time line I guess, but they played Ottawa soon after and Alfie mocked it.

Someone is always a classy guy when they give your establishment money. ;)

I said it isn't as dirty as it would be now. Alfie intended to shoot the puck at Nieds. You don't shoot a puck at a player unless you hope to either piss them off royally or injure them. Hitting is part of the game, sniping players is not. What Domi did was in poor taste but what Alfie did was worse.

Obviously there is no way either of us will win. I think both of them are pretty :censored:ty things to do, but to say a player is scum for that, well, I still don't agree with that. Your opinion, and I guess you can't change the way a leafs fan thinks. :P

Hi, how are you?

Neon Matrix and Shanurr...you guys fight like a married couple. :P

I call being the man!

Pffft, you can't be the man when you spend most of your time wearing skirts and not pants. The pants honour belongs to me, therefore get back to making my dinner!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived