Hartford Whalers concept

dgnmrwrw

Still working on tweaks and the alternate for the final set. Here's my first idea for the alternate. I'm sure it will change, probably to something more traditional (at least in terms of striping). Right now, it's just a recolor. But I did like the feel of it.

Alt-2.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I NEVER comment on the millions of hockey concepts that are (understandably) posted unless its really something I'd LOVE to buy. Figure out how to get that on a jersey and send me a link. Beautiful job. Cool it came from a Canes fan too.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still trying to finish the complete set and I've hit two snags:

Does anyone know where I can find a good version of the "Pucky" whale logo? I want the one that was worn on the shoulders of the old sweaters, not the one on Chris's site with the "-ers" on the end.

Also, is there a way I can double-outline (stroke) an object in Illustrator 10? I'm trying to get those double-outlined numbers to work, and normally I would import the file into Photoshop and finish the lettering and numbering there, but Photoshop isn't cooperating (it's screwing up the layers).

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still trying to finish the complete set and I've hit two snags:

Does anyone know where I can find a good version of the "Pucky" whale logo? I want the one that was worn on the shoulders of the old sweaters, not the one on Chris's site with the "-ers" on the end.

Also, is there a way I can double-outline (stroke) an object in Illustrator 10? I'm trying to get those double-outlined numbers to work, and normally I would import the file into Photoshop and finish the lettering and numbering there, but Photoshop isn't cooperating (it's screwing up the layers).

Yeah, on double outlines:

1. Type out the number.

2. Put on the inner outline at desired stroke weight.

3. Object > Move > zero in both ways > copy button

4. send to back after creating thicker outline stroke.

5. Object > Path > Outline Stroke to re-size without distortion

That should do it. Now, on the jerseys. Much like was the case initially with the all-greens, it's too much of one color. Try making the under arm area green to balance out the green and blue. However, I would love to see you go vintage with the alternate, using the shoulder logo on the chest, and possibly making the whale as a tertiary mark. Overall, great concept!

Just a quick update. Added double-outlined numbers. I'm only showing the white sweater update, because the green one only has a thin silver inner line, so it looks practically the same.

Still looking for a Pucky logo for the alternate, if anyone can point me toward one.

Hartford-Away-3.png

Archived