Hartford Whalers concept

dgnmrwrw

I was working on a concept for a Winnipeg Jets relocation project (which I still hope to complete) when the striping pattern I had in mind got WAY out of had. When I stepped back and looked at what I created, I thought it would be perfect for a Whalers concept. So I changed the colors, etc....

So here it is. It's just a home set for now, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to change the striping pattern on the back to allow for longer names. C+C more than welcome.

Hartford-H.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Every time I see a Whalers concept, I'm reminded of how excited I was when I heard that they were going to become the Hurricanes, because I loved the color scheme, and there are so many cool things you could do with a blue and green storm motif. Or, you could just make them red and black. <_<

I really like this design for the Whalers. It has an oceanic feel and flows well with the Whalers logo. I do think that the design could use some more blue, since right now, silver seems more dominant. Blue pants and helmets would help balance the color scheme, as well as prevent the monochrome look, which i'm not a huge fan of.

I never thought a Hurricane fan could come up with a good Whalers concept. I think when (yes, when :)) they come back, this is similar to what they would wear. I also love that you used the harpoon W on the shoulders. The only thing is that there may be a little too much green. Overall, great job man! :)

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

Yeah, I agree that there could be a little less green. Like Jamikel said, blue helmets and breezers. Also, and this is a tiny detail, maybe put some white or silver in the collar. Other than than, this is great! One of the best concept I've seen on here.

Can't wait to see the away and possibly a blue alternate!

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I've always been into the all-green look for the Whale, but the overwhelming consensus was to switch to blue pants and helmets, so I did. It does look better than I thought. I had been afraid that the blue might become too dominant (especially with the white sweater), but I think there is still enough green.

Updated the stripes on the back to reduce clutter, and tweaked the collar per bohob's suggestion.

Added also a road set. I'm contemplating tweaking the numbers on those, maybe double-outlined with a white outline between the green numerals and the blue outline. Right now, the blue-against-green numbers look kinda muddy.

Here's the update:

Hartford-Home-2.png

Hartford-Away-2.png

I thought this might be worth showing at a larger size, since it's practically invisible on the jerseys....

It's the shoulder logo, and as HW2k8 noted, it's the old harpoon logo. I just tweaked the colors slightly and changed the words and type. But it's such a fantastic logo, I had to include it in some way.

Hartford-Logo-2.png

I really like the updates. With the numbers, if you do a double outline on the aways then you should probably do that on the home jerseys as well. For consistency. For examples with the double outline, look how the Pats and Chargers do it. But still, great concept!

P.S. Love that shoulder logo!

Very nice design - a great upgrade. My appologies to Whale Fans, but the update is very nice. Had the Whalers still been around (besides in our hearts) this would be a great look for them.

dgmrwrw - How about a 3rd/alternate Jersey. I suggest using a 'traditional' look or use of one of the original patches.

I really like your design!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived