My hockey jersey collection online

spyboy1

Thanks to the strangeness that is Webshots, I recently discovered that nearly half of my albums had somehow changed from "public" to "private" and were not visible to anyone but me, and since I could see them, I had no idea there was an issue.

It's all been fixed now and I've made several updates in the last month across all the hockey albums and my game worn baseball jerseys have expanded as well.

Even if you have checked out my collection recently, take a look again since apparently nearly half of it will be new to you!

Click the link in my signature below or visit my hockey jersey collection online!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks to the strangeness that is Webshots, I recently discovered that nearly half of my albums had somehow changed from "public" to "private" and were not visible to anyone but me, and since I could see them, I had no idea there was an issue.

It's all been fixed now and I've made several updates in the last month across all the hockey albums and my game worn baseball jerseys have expanded as well.

Even if you have checked out my collection recently, take a look again since apparently nearly half of it will be new to you!

Click the link in my signature below or visit my hockey jersey collection online!

Thanks for the re-post. I have been using your jerseys as a point of refrence along with nhluniforms.com to make sure my jerseys are accurate and have the correct patches. I am closing in on 100 jerseys and as soon as I hit it I will be putting my collection on-line. I think I am at 95 or 96 right now!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Ack ya got the 2000-01 Manitoba Moose jersey!!!! I would love to get my hands on that jersey!!! Love the look.. oh dang man......

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Ack ya got the 2000-01 Manitoba Moose jersey!!!! I would love to get my hands on that jersey!!! Love the look.. oh dang man......

I was lucky enough to find pictures of the actual game worn jersey online so I was able to replicate the Moose 5th anniversary patch and the white twill piece it was sewn to in order to cover up the usual Moose shoulder patch. The Molson patch is the right product, but not the exact shape, but I'm really pleased with the way that one turned out.

I wondered, didn't seem like you had 350+ jerseys. I mean no Southeast Divison jerseys, I thought you were crazy.

Man, I wish someone would have said something. I see that my International Jerseys #1 has more than twice as many hits as #2. I can't believe that no one was able to see my Russian and USA jersey and didn't ask why I didn't have any.

It's nice to know that you want to use my jerseys as a point of reference, but I will caution you that sometimes I've bought things with inaccuracies and on occasion, compromise some of mine on purpose. I've got a Rangers jersey and a Maple Leafs jersey with patches from two different years knowing it's not 100% correct. There might be a couple with an "A" that wasn't worn the same year a patch was worn either, but the jersey came with it and I didn't want to scar it by taking it off.

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Spyboy...your link is very cool..and helpful for me as I do search online for team logos to try to match to my recordbooks.. especially international hockey teams!!! whew... I'm just glad I could see some team jerseys and try to figure out how to use the logo in black and white pic term for my recordbook (must be 6 lines maximum for my recording logos for games I seen on tv and also in live (I have gone to about 7 games so far my entire life..lol) and I wanna be accurate as possible....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

My Dear Spyboy,

Awesome collection. But as a fan of the Rochester Americans for 50 years, I would greatly appreciate you (and "Drop the Pucks" as well) referring to the Amerks' striped sweater as "The Stars and Stripes" or "The Striped Sweater," not "The Stars and Bars." To me, the term "Stars and Bars" refers to the official national flag of the Confederate States of America during the War Between the States (Civil War). The "Stars and Bars" are NOT the Confederate flag you see on every F-150 south of the Mason-Dixon line. That flag was the Confederate Battle Flag. My great-grandfather fought for the Union Army and was wounded at Gettysburg. Our Rochester AMERICANS have NEVER referred to that jersey as "The Stars and Bars" so I'd appreciate your changing your reference. Thank you in advance.

My Dear Spyboy,

Awesome collection. But as a fan of the Rochester Americans for 50 years, I would greatly appreciate you (and "Drop the Pucks" as well) referring to the Amerks' striped sweater as "The Stars and Stripes" or "The Striped Sweater," not "The Stars and Bars." To me, the term "Stars and Bars" refers to the official national flag of the Confederate States of America during the War Between the States (Civil War). The "Stars and Bars" are NOT the Confederate flag you see on every F-150 south of the Mason-Dixon line. That flag was the Confederate Battle Flag. My great-grandfather fought for the Union Army and was wounded at Gettysburg. Our Rochester AMERICANS have NEVER referred to that jersey as "The Stars and Bars" so I'd appreciate your changing your reference. Thank you in advance.

Done. It's now "Stars and Stripes".

I got the "stars and bars" terminology from Drop The Pucks. They had a treasure trove of them for sale and that's how they mistakenly referred to them.

I've actually added a few jerseys over the last few days to the collection since I was able to get some photography completed and surpassed 100,000 visits! B)

HansonsSig.jpg

My Dear Spyboy,

Done. It's now "Stars and Stripes".

I got the "stars and bars" terminology from Drop The Pucks. They had a treasure trove of them for sale and that's how they mistakenly referred to them.

I've actually added a few jerseys over the last few days to the collection since I was able to get some photography completed and surpassed 100,000 visits! B)

Thanks, man. My old company (I started with them in '67) made the original, real Amerks striped sweaters when they started in 1956. We got them from Hardin Knitwear in New York City. Hardin is now out of business. When the Amerks first resurrected the striped sweaters for their 40th anniversary I called the team and told them the mistakes they had made in their re-creation of them. The snot-nosed 20-somethings with the team as much as told me to go-to-he**. The Amerks original striped sweaters had Royal with Scarlet outline numbers on the back and the shield-shaped Royal sleeve patch featured the same "R" in White that's on the sweater front. They put White numbers in the patch. Also they originally wore Red Montreal-style socks. The '96 Amerks wore White socks which made the sweaters look lousy, too top-heavy. They had no interest in listening to me. Serves 'em right, although they did win their last Calder Cup that season wearing the stripes all through the playoffs.

There we go. I always assumed it was my browser not refreshing or something, I couldn't see about half you NHL collection, I like alot of the stuff I've never seen before. I'm assuming the FANGtastic 5 years is another recreation of yours? Also, where did you pick up the Cullen Shamrock? I've got that alt jersey and I could with or without, but I figure I might as well have if its out there. Where did you get that Gaborik Slovakia jersey done? I have one of those waiting to be Hossa #81 with that awesome font and I don't know who would have the correct font.

SEAsig.png

There we go. I always assumed it was my browser not refreshing or something, I couldn't see about half you NHL collection, I like alot of the stuff I've never seen before. I'm assuming the FANGtastic 5 years is another recreation of yours? Also, where did you pick up the Cullen Shamrock? I've got that alt jersey and I could with or without, but I figure I might as well have if its out there. Where did you get that Gaborik Slovakia jersey done? I have one of those waiting to be Hossa #81 with that awesome font and I don't know who would have the correct font.

Yes, if anyone else uses Webshots, let me know if you've ever experienced your albums spontaneously going "private". This is making me nuts. Every day the "Gretzky" and "Lemieux" albums revert to private on their own. Webshots is really got some cool features for posting your photos as links back to your original albums, but my Lord, I've never seen a website that hides from any sort of contact with it's users like this one. The only way you can even ask a question is to be a paying member, and I've read that is a maddening dead end in itself.

The Predators 5th patch is a printed one I made myself. I only saw a real on on ebay once, back in the day when I didn't need one. That's as hard as they get to find.

The Cullen Shamrocks were on ebay for a while within the last year to year and a half. They are screen printed on twill.

The Gaborik Slovakia was done by River City Sports in Winnipeg, but had an issue and needed to be redone a bit. They measured the width of the two digits, "10" and made them overhang the sleeve stripe evenly on both sides. This was actually wrong and the gap between the numbers should have been centered, meaning the wider "0" actually sticks out farther than the "1" from the stripes. I had them stripped, moved to the right and resewn locally. I'd send it to Exclusive Pro Sports along with photos of it, easily found on Getty Images, to get what you need, since you may run into the same issue with Hossa being a wide number and a skinny one. With Demitra, #38, you'd likely be safe no matter what.

I'm going to add "SkodaAuto" sponsorship patches to the shoulders above the numbers as soon as I get them printed like I did with my Swiss jerseys and the Tissot patches.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived