Winnipeg Jets concept

dgnmrwrw

So here's the Jets concept I was working on when the Whalers concept hit me. I wanted to play off the old Jets gear I remember from the years before the move, with the blue sweaters and big, thick white stripes outlined with red.

That said, I wanted to add a third, darker color for 'crisper' definition. Originally I used black, but then I settled on a navy/midnight blue. I think it works ok. I can already anticipate some of the comments to come (and I've considered them): 1)Too much navy; and 2)The Jets MUST have red pants.

I tried lots of iterations, and I think the amount of navy I have is the only way the colors balance right. Also, the red pants seemed WAY too bright for me, and I wanted to give a unique look of light blue helmets, sweaters, and socks with dark blue pants and red highlights. Giving them red pants would push them toward the Rangers and Blue Jackets. But I'm still willing to reconsider all this.

The logo is pretty basic, but I like it as a start. Just a 'W" with a stylized jet/exhaust stream which is (hopefully) in the shape of a 'J'.

So here's the first version. C+C very welcome.

Winnipeg-Home.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Wow it's very edge-esque, but it's a goos start, like you said the logo needs work but I like your design so far !

When's the away coming ? It's always harder to fit colors on an away jersey and I wanna see what you come up with. I always have such a hard time in NHL08 creating teams and wondering what the hell am I gonna do with the damn whites :P

i really like it

maybe if you could put somekind of jet at the beginning of the stream...but that might not work

the other thing i do not like is why is there a blue patch right in the middle of the white

i would either end the white stripe at the arm pit or continue it down to the bottom, i dont like how it gets broken by the blue

Really like where you are going with this , its a really good start and an interesting jersey ...

For the logo , I agree maybe some sort of jet silouette t the beginning of the stream and maybe a couple extra stream lines near the bottom in white ...

Also Im not liking the for of the W , seems plain so maybe use a different W ...

But i really like this idea alot , good job

Archived