Austin to get Stars AAA affiliate

rainmaker17

"Actually, the Ontario (California -- not Canada) Reign will be the relocated Texas Wildcatters after the 2007-08 ECHL season ends."

Has that been confirmed in the ECHL.com site?? I wonder... will have to see for myself...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Actually, the Ontario (California -- not Canada) Reign will be the relocated Texas Wildcatters after the 2007-08 ECHL season ends."

Has that been confirmed in the ECHL.com site?? I wonder... will have to see for myself...

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?ac...=1&id=14123

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?ac...=1&id=14123

Didn't see that coming, along with Columbia suspending operations :wacko:

Well, until the new arena is built

baltimoreravens.png

Given that the Wild's new owner is from the Milwaukee area, that's probably where the affiliation is going...

Didn't the Wild buy into the Aeros, though, or am I dreaming?

Yeah, but that doesn't prevent them from turning around and selling them, then latching on to a new AHL affiliate. Since the new Austin arena won't be ready until 2010, that gives the Wild 2 years to sell off the Aeros to initiate the next round of "musical AHL affiliates".

My fearless prediction of how things will ultimately shake out (assuming Austin is an expansion team and not a relocation of the Iowa franchise):

Austin -> Dallas

Houston -> Florida (so they no longer have to share Rochester with the Sabres; this might even foreshadow an eventual move by the Panthers themselves)

Iowa -> Nashville

Milwaukee -> Minnesota

This makes much more sense. Teams can reduce travel fares for players switching leagues with this setup.

Archived