AFL (Arena) 2008 Updates

Sodboy13

So do multiple, repetitive patches.

Such is the nature of having Discover Card as both a team sponsor and as the league sponsor for home jerseys. (As you'll notice by the shot with an Avengers player in it, Aaron's sponsors the roads.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do multiple, repetitive patches.

Such is the nature of having Discover Card as both a team sponsor and as the league sponsor for home jerseys. (As you'll notice by the shot with an Avengers player in it, Aaron's sponsors the roads.)

I understand all of that. I was just replying to a post that stated that it didn't have a professional look to it. The over use of patches, to me, has that unprofessional look to it.

I hear ya there, but that's the nature of the beast with what Sod said, having the same sponsor as a local and national. You could leave one on one side, but then the other side is empty.

Plus empty jersey patches/turf squares/helmet ads is often telling sign the team was unable to sell their inventory and is struggling to get corporate support. There are pluses and minuses each way. Hopefully Alexander gets a memo from the league this week and it's not on his helmet again next week.

He won't. From watching games and what not, uniforms aren't a big deal to them. A few guys have worn tape on their facemasks. I don't get it myself but I only played in junior high and in a semi pro league

Archived