AFL (Arena) 2008 Updates

Sodboy13

It appears two teams are changing their primary uniforms this year. Most drastic by far is the Arizona Rattlers, who appear to have announced the new ownership by ditching their trademark uni of the past 16 seasons, turning it to crap, and trading in copper for the oh-so-Arizona Sedona Red.

20079192_z.jpg

Note: this marks the 3rd AFL team to use the old Georgia Tech numeral font (Chicago, Dallas alternate.) Hey, guys: number fonts like this are only unique if one team in the league uses them.

We saw part of this one earlier, but the Gladiators have made a change with the move to Cleveland, and appear to have adopted Russell's signature template for 2008 (seen previously on the new Georgia Tech uniforms.)

20079402_z.jpg

Also, the Rush will be introducing a black alternate this year, with either silver or black helmets or pants. Because, you know, when navy's your primary color and black's nowhere in your scheme, a black alt's the way to go. This makes less sense than the Avengers going powder blue.

Black-Uniform-Options.jpg

Here's something you don't hear often in football: Oh, for the days of Nike.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god... I never had any beef with the Rattlers, but now I think I officially hate them (or the new ownership anyway). They go from a great traditional and recognizable uniform to that crap? Oh my, no wonder Bonner got out of there.

The Glads look good, but they need to bring back the sword stripe on the helmet.

For my fav team Chicago the black alt is bad, but that silver helmet has great potential. Make the R and the facemask navy and that would be awesome.

Anyone have any pics of some changes in the af2 this year? Anyone else care?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

all those are horrible.

And i completely agree that the rush make no sense all of a sudden having a black alternate.

those patches on chicago's jersey look very out of place now.

I didn't expect the gladiator's new jerseys to be the most appealing out of all the new ones.

It deff. beats the disaster which is Arizona's new uniforms

I care, I just haven't seen anything yet. I think our best bet is checking out Week 1.

I thought the Rattlers look was great, but if they want to sell jerseys, can't keep selling the same thing for 16 years. Plus with Bonner going seems like a decent time to make switch. I like seeing more teal in the jersey. But overall it is kinda ick. I think I'd actually like it quite a bit if it had different numbers.

As for the Rush, I'd prefer a baby blue alt. But the silver helmet is pretty cool for one game. The black jersey doesn't do anything for me, but they are another team that hasn't had an alt in their eight seasons.

I care, I just haven't seen anything yet. I think our best bet is checking out Week 1.

I thought the Rattlers look was great, but if they want to sell jerseys, can't keep selling the same thing for 16 years. Plus with Bonner going seems like a decent time to make switch. I like seeing more teal in the jersey. But overall it is kinda ick. I think I'd actually like it quite a bit if it had different numbers.

As for the Rush, I'd prefer a baby blue alt. But the silver helmet is pretty cool for one game. The black jersey doesn't do anything for me, but they are another team that hasn't had an alt in their eight seasons.

I understand the reason for Arizona changing, but to that? That thing looks like it belongs in the NIFL.

Also, why would you have a baby blue alt when a team in your same division wears light blue? I think maybe a dark blueish silver could work well for an alt, and am I the only one who loves that silver helmet? (Except for the black R of course)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

It appears two teams are changing their primary uniforms this year. Most drastic by far is the Arizona Rattlers, who appear to have announced the new ownership by ditching their trademark uni of the past 16 seasons, turning it to crap, and trading in copper for the oh-so-Arizona Sedona Red.

20079192_z.jpg

Note: this marks the 3rd AFL team to use the old Georgia Tech numeral font (Chicago, Dallas alternate.) Hey, guys: number fonts like this are only unique if one team in the league uses them.

We saw part of this one earlier, but the Gladiators have made a change with the move to Cleveland, and appear to have adopted Russell's signature template for 2008 (seen previously on the new Georgia Tech uniforms.)

20079402_z.jpg

Also, the Rush will be introducing a black alternate this year, with either silver or black helmets or pants. Because, you know, when navy's your primary color and black's nowhere in your scheme, a black alt's the way to go. This makes less sense than the Avengers going powder blue.

Black-Uniform-Options.jpg

With the move from copper to red, I'm assuming that we can expect to see a different helmet this year as well?

gYH2mW9.png

With the move from copper to red, I'm assuming that we can expect to see a different helmet this year as well?

My money's on black from head to toe, save for the incredibly unfortunate teal shoulders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nope, the Rattlers will have their normal Copper helmet.

and that makes sense....how? If they keep the same helmet to go with that jersey...it'll look like the equipment manager screwed up everytime they take the field.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Why would they change their uni's. Zona's old ones were pefect for them. Now this makes 'em look like crap, not a football team.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

20079192_z.jpg

That is the worst jersy ever.. very sad to see this happen to a long time afl city

The Rush had the classiest uniforms in the AFL after I saw what the Rattlers were changing to...then I saw the new black alts. But hopefully something good comes out of those and they keep the silver helmet and switch all the black to navy for use as the regular helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

AZ Rattlers: from classy to ashy...that's all that needs to be said about this.

Rush: are they high or something? the silver helmet's alright, but why does that glorified practice jersey exist?

Gladiators: meh, it's not horrible. as said by the rest of yall, it's the best of these three by default

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

20079192_z.jpg

Well then just throw on a sombrero and lets party. Seriously what the hell is that? Hope they change back for 2009.

Archived