Nats Unveil New Pretzel-W Logo

BallWonk

JMH-508_2401676~Waldorf-and-Statler-Posters.jpg

"He was doing okay until he fell off the stage."

"No, he was doing okay until he got on the stage!"

(uproarious laughter)

severly off topic but that puppet on the left looks identicle to the morning door greeter, Mike, at our local Lowes. :blink:

however on topic, i do think its pretty cool that they make pretzels resembling cap logos ie the swirly W. Nearby we had a small business bakery that did all sorts of neat stuff like that. Generally during the yankees playoff runs they would make NY shaped pretzels. as a promotional offer, if you bought a NY pretzel they would throw in random Yankees baseball card for free. I always got the no name scrubs but was a neat promotional offer during the playoffs.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a cool idea. Making anything in the form of a logo is cool by me. The Indians sell a script "I" logo pretzel at Jacobs......errr......Progressive Field.

It's too bad the Expos are no longer around. I would have loved to see what an "elb" pretzel would look like. Man, this thread has made me hungry for some salty snacks.

I think it's a cool idea. Making anything in the form of a logo is cool by me. The Indians sell a script "I" logo pretzel at Jacobs......errr......Progressive Field.

It's too bad the Expos are no longer around. I would have loved to see what an "elb" pretzel would look like. Man, this thread has made me hungry for some salty snacks.

Teams with cap logos that would make good pretzels:

Twins TC

Yankees NY

Red Sox B

Mets NY

Orioles O

Phillies P

Diamondbacks D (though you'd have to close the D)

Nationals W

Possibly also Braves A. But I think that's about it. I just can't see throwing other cap logos, nor having them hold together in the hand.

However, I think you could totally make an Oriole-shaped funnel cake.

20082614447.png

i'd hate to say this but, since its almost march....did anyone notice that the nats are having a half way to st. pats day promotion like the chi.sox

Yeah. I think that those unis are gonna be somewhat dreadful to look at with the current uni design that they have...

The Washington Post reports that the Washington Nationals have finalized their concessions lineup for the new Nationals Park. Vendors will include Noah's Pretzels, which will sell soft pretzels in the shape of the team's W cap logo.

I think that counts as a formal endorsement of the description "pretzel W" over the competing "curly W" to describe the team's logo, a modernized version of the script W worn by Washington teams since 1963.

I should have a chance to photograph the pretzels in late March; I'll post if I can.

The Indians have been doing the script "I" pretzels, like the alternate hats, for a couple years now.

Hope the pretzel tastes good enough to forget the logistical nightmare it will be to get in and out of the new place.

metro man metro!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived