Updated Dolphins logos

rcb05

Alright, below are a new primary, secondary and wordmark for the fins. Obviously this isn't anything ground-breaking, but I think the dolphin works MUCH better in gray (go figure). I also introduced the gray into the secondary and workmark. C&C welcome.

***UPDATE***

Great tip on making the gray more blue-ish, allowed me to introduce the teal as the shading color on the dolphin.

2298908663_79815890fc_o.png

For comparison, here's their current logo/wordmark

875.gif873.gif

I'll admit the dolphin looks a bit off from the other logos with no teal on it, but I tried using the teal for the shadows and it looked awful. However, when I slapped this logo on the helmet it worked, as there's enough teal in the rest of the uniform/helment to compensate. I'm working on some uniforms to go along with these, so I'll post those when they're done.

Sorry, but the dolphin needs the helmet. It also has to be aqua. I myself have toyed with a gray dolphin logo, but it just doesn't look right. The team actually uses 2 logos like yours: 1 features a helmet-less dolphin with sunglasses for training camp, and one with a gray dolphin with (i think)pom poms for the cheerleaders. I'm interested in seeing what you can do with the uniforms, wheter or not the logo works without the aqua.

I always thought that the Dolphin looked 'bald' without his helmet, but I dunno, your concept looks pretty good. But, if you're going to use gray, I'd tweak the color a little to look a little more like blue, sorta like what the Dallas Cowboys use for their silver helmets, and keep the aqua/teal color as the accent when outlining the dolphin.

I love the 'D' logo and can't believe no one's (as far as I know) done that before.

Good concept, I just think you could toy around with the colors a little to make this look better.

Archived