Twist on the Jersey wallpaper

JJSCOTT

I am new to the forum just signed up yesterday... Saw the Jersey wallpapers and love em! I tried the tutorial last night and then had an idea for a something a lil different for it. Like I said I am new so I dunno if this has ever been done or suggested...

I took an illustration of Charles Woodson I had already done and then tried to replicate a jersey type look for the background using the "Kersey wallpaper" as a starting point... I would love any suggestions, feedback or criticism. Any thing that can help me learn or to make it better please feel free to share!

I am not too happy with the "nameplate" or the division in the jersey any suggestions on how to make them look more clean?

Woodson Wallpaper attempt 1

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I really like this!

Beauiful.

I think what you need to do though is make it looked like the 2 different materials are next to each other instead of on top of each other as they appear now... How to do that, you say....

I have no idea. Can't really help you on how to do it. Sorry.

Once the namplate and division in the jersey is fixed these will be nothing short of amazing.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really like this!

Beauiful.

I think what you need to do though is make it looked like the 2 different materials are next to each other instead of on top of each other as they appear now... How to do that, you say....

I have no idea. Can't really help you on how to do it. Sorry.

Once the namplate and division in the jersey is fixed these will be nothing short of amazing.

Thanks! I was trying to just give in a lil bit of division... I too the edge and drop shadow down from what the others are set at but I think you are right it still looks more on top than a seam.

I have like 80 player illustrations from the last couple years, so I have plenty more to get it right with :P

Do you make the illustrations? Because that one was fantastic!

Yeah I do all the illustrations... I draw and ink them then scan then color in photoshop. I do alot of commission work for them, sometimes it's from the player themselves which is cool... I have gotten alot of them signed by the actual players. I have a HUGE collection! my collection is mostly Michigan guys and all are football, majority are in college uni's.

Do you make the illustrations? Because that one was fantastic!

Yeah I do all the illustrations... I draw and ink them then scan then color in photoshop. I do alot of commission work for them, sometimes it's from the player themselves which is cool... I have gotten alot of them signed by the actual players. I have a HUGE collection! my collection is mostly Michigan guys and all are football, majority are in college uni's.

I was gonna ask if you made them. Haha.

There are also a lot here but i don't know if they'd be something you'd be allowed to use...

EDIT: I just looked again, and I realize your's are much, much better. Haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Thanks everyone... Here is my second try... did this one opposite of the first with a player in an away jersey and the background a home jersey. I still can't seem to get the stitching effect to work though (not sure if it is the version of photoshop that I have that doesn't allow or I just can't figure how to do it?) I am also not sure if I should put a lil more wiggle into the #'s what you do you all think? any suggestions to make anything else a lil better?

This is my friend Toney Clemons... look out for him this year he is a SO wideout at Michigan :)

Player jersey wallpaper attempt 2

i like them...my only gripe is that the numbers are not aligned under the name properly..you can see that the "1" is much closer to the nameplate than the "7" is

Yeah I was trying to warp the #'s to make them look more on the fabric than straight cookie cutter #'s. I am not too crazy about the way it turned out though so I think the next one I will prolly not warp at all.

Do you have any hockey ones created. I'd love to see how you have portrayed other sports!

nah... sorry only illustrations i have are of football players and almost all of those are college players. they just take so much time to do that and i get so many commissions for them I don't have much time to work on any others. been wanting to do a couple Michigan hockey players but just aren't enough hours in the day!

Archived