Discovery Channel Logo

SDX

Does it bother anyone that these are lowercase letters, but the "i" doesn't have the little dot over it?

It bothered the reviewer on UnderConsideration.com, but it doesn't bother me. It's a unique way to streamline and add a little quirkiness to the word. In addition, the old logo had no dot, either. Nobody seems to care when someone omits the crossbar of a capital A or the vertical stroke of a capital E for stylistic reasons, but more than one person has specifically pointed out the omission of the dot on the iand had a negative reaction to it. I find that interesting.

Allow me to clarify.

All things being equal, I have no problem with the dot being ommitted.

However, in this case, look at the first six letters of the word: Discov. Without the context that the dot creates on the "i" (explicitly making it lowercase), the other letters could appear to be upper case, and clash with the "ery" at the end.

In fact, when I first glanced at the logo, I thought it was one of those things where they used capital letters but lowercase "e"s, until I noticed the "ry".

Hope that made sense.

True, but the current logo is the same way.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Tonight with the new season of Deadlest Catch they premiered the new logo

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I like it. But I think they seriously need to put the new Animal Planet logo down.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 6 months later...
Not bad.

Why are you bringing up topics from 6 months ago, only to say "Not bad"?

This is the seventh or eighth old thread he's bumped up so far this morning. Guy has to stop.

Inflating his post count is all he's doing, even in his own concept thread.

you gotta do what you gotta do to improve those post counts.

<now where is that Premier league logo thread>

logo.png

Archived