New Hornets logo spotted?

HisAirness24

I found this in my e-mail I got about a Lakers promotion, and on the bottom of the page I found this logo in their upcoming schedule:

hornets.gif

Now, I know it's very small, but I compared it to this:

hornets_impactlogo.gif

And found out they don't look the same as much.

It might be my eyes playing tricks on me, but from what I can make of it, it's a hornet with two wings, holding a basketball in its left hand in sort of in a standing up position.

I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

they probably couldnt find the legit vector of the hornets real logo so they made some mock up and threw it in there.

ha...not a chance. its a good (belated) april fools joke

You really think they'd go through the trouble of drawing their own Hornets logo because they couldn't find one?

msg-117798227822.jpg

It might be my eyes playing tricks on me, but from what I can make of it, it's a hornet with two wings, holding a basketball in its left hand in sort of in a standing up position.

I can't believe your eyes would play tricks on you on a 1/4" X 1/4" logo.

they probably couldnt find the legit vector of the hornets real logo so they made some mock up and threw it in there.

You really think they'd go through the trouble of drawing their own Hornets logo because they couldn't find one?

i mean does that even look like a candidate for being a new hornets logo? succeeding the fleur de bee they put out this year?

that logo has been used on the hornets website for a few years now. not really sure why...but its been seen there.

Have a pic? Take a screenshot and show us, cause I cant find it and I have been looking for a half hour.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

i mean does that even look like a candidate for being a new hornets logo? succeeding the fleur de bee they put out this year?

It's more likely than the Lakers drawing up their own, yeah.

msg-117798227822.jpg

when the Hornets were in Charlotte we always had t-Shirt giveaways with multiple variations of "Hugo the Hornet" with the logotype. i'd guess this is pretty much the same.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

To re-inforce what Statebully said, I've seen that logo (and some similar ones) as well, not on the Hornets official website, but pretty often on a fan website (Hornetsreport.com). Hard to see in that small pick, but it is more of a "3-D" computer-generated Hugo. Not sure if it came from the Hornets themselves or was fan-created. I haven't seen it in a while, though.

Not sure why LA picked up on that logo, but you'd be surprised how organizations, reporters and teams will obtain and use logos, photos and such. A couple of years ago, when the Hornets hired Paul Mott as team president, there was mention of him being a former player for the Tampa Bay Rowdies of the NASL. I happened to have an old Rowdies game program from 1980 with his bio entry and an action shot, so I scanned and posted it on the Hornetsreport website in a thread. A week or so later, I was watching a Hornets cable TV show that featured an interview with Mott. As they were discussing his NASL career, they showed the same program entry and "action shot" from my post. Coincidence? I thought it might be, until I DVRed the show and noticed their pics had the same 'tilted to the right' presentation that I got from sloppily plopping it on the scanner....

Anyway, doesn't matter. This is the logo of the future:

Fleur-de-bee.JPG

:D

It is what it is.

Archived