Steinbrenner too much for henry

IowaFan26

As much as I absolutely hate the Yankees and would love nothing more than for the Red Sox to finish at the top of the standings this season, I just saw this article on CBS Sportsline where Red Sox owner John Henry has now changed his opinion on the salary cap.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7097874

I love Steinbrenner's reaction to Henry's statement:

"We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction."

LOL.

That notwithstanding, Go Sox and Go Diamondbacks.

sig09.jpg

Doesn't this statement just want you to turn into a bandwagon fan *hint *hint and cheer for the Red Sox?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Clearly Henry made these comments in the heat of frustration.  If I was a Red Sox player, I would be very chapped that my team's owner is virtually conceding that the Yankees can buy a better team than the one he already has.  Even if he believes that the Yankees are a better team on paper than his team, does it really do his team a service by intimating that in a public statement?

Henry has no right to complain. There was a 12 million dollar difference that prevented the Sox from getting ARod. The Red Sox could have spent the 12 mill and got him. They have the money, the have as much as the Yankees.

They wouldn't spend the 12 million, so the Yankees stepped in and took the Deal (Soriano instead of Manny).

Rooting for the Red Sox because you don't like the Yankees doing everything they can to win is stupid. Red Sox do the same thing the Yankees do, it just doesn't get the press because they choke all the time and haven't one since 1918. If you want to root for a team to beat the Yankees because of the spending root for the A's.

Of all the owners that have a right to complain, John Henry has no right to. He's just pissed because the Yankees got what he, HE, lost, because he and his club decided to get cute, and it bit them in the ass...

George's response is classic though... how can you not like this guy?!?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Of all the owners that have a right to complain, John Henry has no right to. He's just pissed because the Yankees got what he, HE, lost, because he and his club decided to get cute, and it bit them in the ass...

Because he is satan. :D

Because he is satan. :D

No, Al Davis is Satan....

but come to think of it.. i like Al Davis too......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here's Steinbrenner's full statement

"We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston. It is understandable, but wrong that he would try to deflect the accountability for his mistakes on to others and to a system for which he voted in favor. It is time to get on with life and forget the sour grapes."

:laugh: I love this guy

George Steinbrenner is the greatest owner in all of sports I wish he owned the Mets.

His reply to Henry and the Red Sox was classic, he is the man I want to start a campaign to get the boss into the Hall of Fame. There are several owners already in the Hall, and George needs to join this list he changed the game, and he himself has become a personality.

He always looked out for the fans and he cares about winning. He is not sorry for winning, like we are taught in our society to be that is why he is hated.

Peopel hate achievers, and of all the owners in baseball nobody has achived more then George.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived