Virginia Tech White Out

RidgeRunner

In an effort to promote reading across the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Virginia Tech football team will hold its inaugural "White Out" on Sept. 6, 2008 when it plays Furman at Lane Stadium/Worsham Field.

Not to be a jerk either but what the hell does promoting reading have to do with $6 white t-shirts?

All the proceeds from the shirts go to Herma's Readers, a nonprofit group created in honor of Coach Beamer's mother to promote reading to children in grades K-3.

I asked about these Saturday at the bookstore and the manager told me they do intend to sell replicas of these. When they have no idea but he guessed sometime before August.

The school surplus auction has game worn football jersey's 2 to 3 times a year, I picked up two 2003 roads while I was there on Saturday for 20.00 each. They even had the current design homes selling for 30.00 each. I have a feeling that these white out jersey's will sometime down the road be available at the auction as well. The last throwbacks they wore in 02' I believe against UVA were at the auction last summer.

I am not sure how reliable this is but someone at the auction Saturday works in the athletic dept and he said they are tweaking Tech's 2008 jersey's somewhat. He wouldn't get into specifics but he said they looked horrible. If this is true that is not a good sign at all.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Only one city should be allowed to do the whiteout ...Glendale(due to the whiteout being trademarked by the Coyotes).

Changed it for you, and as far as the uniforms go, I am against Retro, but I would not mind seeing the throwbacks being used permenantly

Exactly, Winnepeg can no longer do the whiteout as it has no team, so we are going to have to leave that to the Coyotes! If they could make the playoffs, where it's a great tradition for them. Sadly, the Coyotes have never won a playoff series. But SO many teams in all sports have copied...

Nike can not pull off a UCLA-style shoulder loop to save their lives.

What didn't get done to it to not pull it off? The start and stop points are the same as UCLA and darn near anyone else who uses this style.

Well, that was my point... UCLA doesn't do it right anymore either. The shoulder loops need to go around the shoulder. That's what makes the stripe work. Look at any picture of UCLA, LSU, the Colts, etc. from, say, pre-1990 and it looks great. Now, they just look wrong... thry aren't stripes... more like flags on the shoulders.

It's a good question though... is ANYBODY still doing it right? I think maybe Ole Miss... not sure.,

Well, that was my point... UCLA doesn't do it right anymore either. The shoulder loops need to go around the shoulder. That's what makes the stripe work. Look at any picture of UCLA, LSU, the Colts, etc. from, say, pre-1990 and it looks great. Now, they just look wrong... thry aren't stripes... more like flags on the shoulders.

It's a good question though... is ANYBODY still doing it right? I think maybe Ole Miss... not sure.,

No. Ole Miss does it just like LSU

This is a mix and match. The jersey and pants -- which are great -- are from the 1960s, the helmet -- which I never liked -- is from the 1970s.

I prefer these helmets:

131754705_o.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Archived