Virginia Tech White Out

RidgeRunner

I'm not sure if this has been posted but Virginia Tech has announced its first ever white out game. They'll be wearing throwbacks taken from several different eras of Tech football. Check out the link below for more information and a picture.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20080418aaa.html

Not to be a jerk but you can have "throwbacks taken from several different eras." I know that that's what the release called them. They're just commemorative uniforms or something like that.

BCBannersSig.png

I'm not sure if this has been posted but Virginia Tech has announced its first ever white out game. They'll be wearing throwbacks taken from several different eras of Tech football. Check out the link below for more information and a picture.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20080418aaa.html

Not to be a jerk but you can have "throwbacks taken from several different eras." I know that that's what the release called them. They're just commemorative uniforms or something like that.

The jerseys will have stripes on the shoulders to represent the Jerry Claiborne era, and the helmet will be white with an orange state of Virginia displayed on the sides, honoring the Charlie Coffey years. The stripes on the pants will be representative of Jimmy Sharpe's tenure, while the T within the V logo used during Bill Dooley's early seasons will be incorporated on the front of the jerseys.

They managed to pull it off.

I love the fact that they have no gonads and have the promotion vs. a nothing opponent. I realize that teams do this all the time especially with scheduling of homecoming games, but use something like this against an opponent where you might need a little edge, not against an opponent where your 8th string running back will run for 100 yards! How about doing this against Virginia when the game means something?

I love the fact that they have no gonads and have the promotion vs. a nothing opponent. I realize that teams do this all the time especially with scheduling of homecoming games, but use something like this against an opponent where you might need a little edge, not against an opponent where your 8th string running back will run for 100 yards! How about doing this against Virginia when the game means something?

I was thinking that maybe it has to do with NCAA rules regarding uniforms--doesn't the home team have to get approval from a visiting non-conference team in order to wear white jerseys at home? It's easy for a bigger school to make such demands of a small school, given how much the small school is getting paid to play there. A visiting school with any aspirations might refuse to wear darks on the road in early September.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I was thinking that maybe it has to do with NCAA rules regarding uniforms--doesn't the home team have to get approval from a visiting non-conference team in order to wear white jerseys at home? It's easy for a bigger school to make such demands of a small school, given how much the small school is getting paid to play there. A visiting school with any aspirations might refuse to wear darks on the road in early September.

Yes. The home team has to get permission. Most of the time its granted but in rare cases its refused.

Yes. The home team has to get permission. Most of the time its granted but in rare cases its refused.

In 2004 Oregon State played LSU in Baton Rouge. As the road team Oregon State didn't want to have to wear their black uniforms and pants in South Louisiana in early Sept. They refused to allow LSU to wear their traditional white unifroms so we had to wear the purple jerseys while Oregon State wore white.

Reminds me of Syracuse going retro a few years ago. It definitely looks much better than the current set, but the helmet is very dated, kind of lower division-looking, especially the font.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

In an effort to promote reading across the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Virginia Tech football team will hold its inaugural "White Out" on Sept. 6, 2008 when it plays Furman at Lane Stadium/Worsham Field.

Not to be a jerk either but what the hell does promoting reading have to do with $6 white t-shirts?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Only one city should be allowed to do the whiteout ...Glendale(due to the whiteout being trademarked by the Coyotes).

Changed it for you, and as far as the uniforms go, I am against Retro, but I would not mind seeing the throwbacks being used permenantly

Archived