High School football concept

Spearhead

My 15-year-old son plays freshman football at Lee High School in Baytown (the Ganders, named for Goose Creek which runs next to the campus and was once the town's name). He sketched out this concept at school today and when he showed it to one of the coaches, the coach expressed genuine interest. Any comments?

136248818_o.jpg

136248796_o.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Why not just "Gander?" Aren't we talking about one group of geese? That would be more unified than multiple groups of multiple birds. What's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander he's not a part of.

Well, off to a rousing start here with the first two (deadhead) comments.

It has some elements I'm not fond of (too much white on the shoulderpads of the home version) but I like the road version, it works better IMHO. Overall, this is better than a lot of designs I see high school and college teams wearing.

LehQRaC.png

Simple is often better, and your work is a testament to that.

What would also be cool, is if you had wings on the helmets, like the eagles, just broader, with a light silver highlight

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

I like this design too. It's off to a good start. Although I think it needs some silver or black accent colors. The maroon and white is just to plain for me. The logo on the helmet could use color for detail as well. I think a little black or silver would help.

I also liked nick the brick's idea of using the wings on the helmet. I know it's not very original, but I think it would work well here. I had second to try one...

Ganders_helmet_concept.jpg

Nice start. I think if you make a few minor tweaks you got yourself a solid concept.

Since the Gander logo color is similar, I am assuming that's where your son got the color from?

No, maroon and white have been the school colors at Robert E. Lee since its inception (1920s) as has the name Ganders. The helmet decal has been a fixture since 1968 and is copied from a tiled inset in the student commons.

Because of the choice of colors, I have always suspected that an REL grad had something to do with Gander Mountain's selection of logo and colors, just too coincidental. :D

FsQiF2W.png

Archived