USL Rebrand Project: Nike Premier League

fishheatcats

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay after a week on vacation in Key West I'm back, and here's team number 8, Rochester United. Recently there was a Rochester concept that rebranded them "Rochester City", so I couldn't help myself and named my version after the other team from Manchester. I actually tried to work with the rhino theme, then switched to a white lion(referring to an old nickname of the city I dug up on Wikipedia), but eventually settled on a classic, European style crest. I didn't look at any to use as reference, I just went from memory to try and emulate the style of various English crests so I didn't get too close to any current design. The 4 stars represent the 3 USL titles and the one US Open Cup that Rochester has won. On the kits I kept the black and white stripes and the green away jersey the team wears now, and I added a black alternate.

rrcp8.gif

Up next I reach the halfway point in the project with team 9, the Charleston Battery!

From the little I know about Rochester, you've managed to maintain their traditional identity while making them not look bush league. Great job.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Milwaukee and St. Louis teams you mentioned.

• 2 months later...

My USL rebrand is back from the dead, with the Charleston Battery. I think the current crest is a good idea, so I tweaked and expanded upon it. I enlarged and simplified the cannons, used 'CB' rather than the full name, and added a fort-like top to the crest. The uniforms are a slight twist on what they have, with a yellow/black striped primary, and white alternate, and a red clash kit.

cbyv2.gif

I know I'm waaaay late, but in response to the last comment, Milwaukee and St. Louis were the two teams I chose for MLS to expand to, in my fantasy 2 league US soccer setup, so I won't be doing those two cities(sorry to disappoint).

Next up: The Vancouver Whitecaps

Moving on now, here are the Vancouver Whitecaps. I've made totally new crest, which incorporates both the whitecaps of the mountains and the ocean. The name is described as representing both, but they've never had any mountains in their logos. The star represents the 5 cumulative championships this franchise has won(the 86ers and on team which has played in various leagues, not counting the original NASL Whitecaps, who won the Soccer Bowl once). The two soccer balls are the old NASL balls with the stars, giving a nod to the original team. I also kept the team sponsor-less, as it would be nice to have at least one team without a corporate logo on the front.

vwpg8.gif

Next in line is one of my new teams, New Orleans.

This is a perfect set (colors, logo, everything). Nice Job.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived