Flip Fired

charger77

This comes as no surprise.

What's that I hear coming from Detroit?

Oh that's their window closing. :P

Hater.

At least they got one while the window was open, can your Cavs say the same?

And how does what I said make me a hater?

Fact, the Pistons are an old team.

LeBron is only 23 so I don't think his window is closing anytime soon.

Because you are happy that 'the Pistons window is closing.' They are pretty old, but they have some really good young talent too. How do you know Maxiell and Stuckey can't help the team compete for Championships for years to come? Teams change every year, so when people say a team's window is closing, it bugs me. They are still near the top of the NBA, and who is to say Joe D won't make a move to make them better, that will 'keep their window open?'

Yes I'm happy the Pistons window is closing.

I'm a Cavaliers fan.

Why wouldn't that make me happy?

That doesn't make me a hater.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Hater.

Because you are happy that 'the Pistons window is closing.' They are pretty old, but they have some really good young talent too. How do you know Maxiell and Stuckey can't help the team compete for Championships for years to come? Teams change every year, so when people say a team's window is closing, it bugs me. They are still near the top of the NBA, and who is to say Joe D won't make a move to make them better, that will 'keep their window open?'

I'm a Cavaliers fan.

i'm assuming the label "hater" was earned through other comments you've made in the past in addition to this final one.

on topic, i'm not too shocked by this move and while i'd like to see avery, i'm not going to hold my breath. JD is looking for a championship caliber coach that can command respect from the likes of rasheed and chauncy and after avery's last couple of seasons in dallas, i'm not sure that he's the guy that would command said respect.

Would Avery Johnson of Jeff Van Gundy be a suitable replacement?

LOL! Talk about a downgrade.

Not quite sure what the thinking is here, are the inmates running the asylum? The man had too good a record to be canned.

Jeff Van Gundy would be a downgrade, but Avery would be an upgrade. It mystifies me as to why this man still doesn't have a job.

Probably because he blew it in Big D? Two first round flameouts, and some baffling personnel use? How's Avery an upgrade over anything? What's he shown?

Avery has taken a team to the Finals.

How many times has Flip done that?

That's why Avery would be an upgrade, IMO. Bottom line results, he's better than Flip's been. Saunders will get you to the conference finals, Avery will at least get you to the championship before getting screwed by the officiating :P

Hater.

I'm a Cavaliers fan.

Just my two cents, but both the Cavs and the Pistons have reason to worry.

The Pistons are an old team with very little size that, like it or not, isn't get any better or younger. Plus, saying that Jason Maxiell and Rodney Stuckey can replace Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, and Chauncey Billups is borderline insane. In my opinion, the best case scenario for Stuckey is that he becomes a Randy Foye-type player with a higher FT%. As for Maxiell, he'll be a perfect replacement of Antonio McDyess, but don't expect him to be anywhere close to 'Sheed. The Pistons will still contend simply because the Leastern Conference is such a joke, but their years of Eastern Conference Finals are, barring a major offseason move or a very surprising run, over.

The Cavs have a good deal of problems, as well. While LeBron is still quite young and has yet to hit his prime, the Cavaliers may not be able to reap the benefits of that. It's common knowledge that he isn't happy and, if things don't change soon, he may ask to be traded. He's a free agent in two years, and if he's still stuck in the same situation he's in now, he's going to be out of there faster than you can say "Swept by the Spurs." Even assuming that LeBron is perfectly happy this season and has a great year, the Cavs are still a team whose gameplan is "Pass the Ball to LeBron." He has no one around him that is of any use at all. Now that the NBA has outlawed flopping, Anderson Varejao has zero worth. The contracts of Wally Szczerbiak, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Ben "Offense? What's offense?" Wallace, and LeBron keep them from being able to sign any good free agents and their lack of good, non-LeBron talent pretty much screws them for any hope of a trade. My prediction for the Cavaliers is another second-round exit followed by Lebron becoming even more irate with his current management as they, once again, pass up the chance to trade for a good PG.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Hater.

I'm a Cavaliers fan.

saying that Jason Maxiell and Rodney Stuckey can replace Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, and Chauncey Billups is borderline insane. In my opinion, the best case scenario for Stuckey is that he becomes a Randy Foye-type player with a higher FT%. As for Maxiell, he'll be a perfect replacement of Antonio McDyess, but don't expect him to be anywhere close to 'Sheed.

I never said that Stuckey and Maxiell will replace those three guys and play at their level, in fact, I didn't even mention the starters. I am just saying that Stuckey is pretty good, and he didn't begin playing until later in the season because of a broken hand. We don't know what to expect from him, but as of now, his role isn't to be a scorer. We will see in the future how he can handle that. Maxiell is a good player too. He plays great defense, (including two of the better blocks I have seen all season) and brings a lot of energy to the team. He is always hustling. The reason I mentioned these two is because they are young and talented, I am not saying those two alone can replace Chauncey, Rip and Sheed. Other players will be added and dropped too. Let's not say their window is closed, until we see what type of moves they make, and how they work out. This is true for any team, in any sport.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hater.

I'm a Cavaliers fan.

saying that Jason Maxiell and Rodney Stuckey can replace Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, and Chauncey Billups is borderline insane. In my opinion, the best case scenario for Stuckey is that he becomes a Randy Foye-type player with a higher FT%. As for Maxiell, he'll be a perfect replacement of Antonio McDyess, but don't expect him to be anywhere close to 'Sheed.

I never said that Stuckey and Maxiell will replace those three guys and play at their level, in fact, I didn't even mention the starters. I am just saying that Stuckey is pretty good, and he didn't begin playing until later in the season because of a broken hand. We don't know what to expect from him, but as of now, his role isn't to be a scorer. We will see in the future how he can handle that. Maxiell is a good player too. He plays great defense, (including two of the better blocks I have seen all season) and brings a lot of energy to the team. He is always hustling. The reason I mentioned these two is because they are young and talented, I am not saying those two alone can replace Chauncey, Rip and Sheed. Other players will be added and dropped too. Let's not say their window is closed, until we see what type of moves they make, and how they work out. This is true for any team, in any sport.

Aside from trading for 'Sheed back in '04 and not resigning ben Wallace, how many major, good moves have the Pistons made lately? I'm not trying to detract from what Joe Dumars has done, but I am saying that, unless they do pull of a major move or get extremely lucky in the draft, the Pistons should be very worried.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Aside from trading for 'Sheed back in '04 and not resigning ben Wallace, how many major, good moves have the Pistons made lately? I'm not trying to detract from what Joe Dumars has done, but I am saying that, unless they do pull of a major move or get extremely lucky in the draft, the Pistons should be very worried.

Yeah, you are right that Dumars hasn't made a lot of huge moves, but he really hasn't had to. The team has definitely been capable of winning another Championship, but it doesn't look like they will if they don't make a change. I think Joe D realizes this, and will try to make a major move.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Yeah, you are right that Dumars hasn't made a lot of huge moves, but he really hasn't had to. The team has definitely been capable of winning another Championship, but it doesn't look like they will if they don't make a change. I think Joe D realizes this, and will try to make a major move.

It's possible that 'Sheed might be on his way out. Unfortunately, no one's quite sure as to where he might end up. All that's for certain is that the Pistons want another first-round pick and that 'Sheed is unhappy (again).

Archived