Talawanda High Redesign

slightly shotgunned

i've been doing this off and on for awhile and finally got a little bit of extra time to come up with this whole redesign project for my old high school, the Talawanda Braves. there really isn't a unified look to their sports teams right now and there wasn't when i went there either, so why not do this right? to start this off, i've got a primary logo, but i don't like how it turned out all that much and am looking for some input on how to make it better. this was done in paint.net and took me a few days just to get it to this point. yes. i am that bad at this. anyway, here it is.

full2.png

i didn't think 'borrowing' from the atlanta braves was too horrible since the baseball team used the entire jersey script while i was there. c&c welcome.

A fellow Cincinnatian?

Anyway, I would change the font of the "T." It seems out of place. The other thing, and I know this might be hard for someone using paint, is making the T have a three strip outline, two red stripes and wither white or blue in the middle, to match the tomahawks' pattern.

to kmw: yessir it is the same. I'm class of '01 and went to miami for a year before i could no longer afford to go. is carol montgomery, i think that's her name, still there?

to fnz: just got an apartment in clifton :D . i'll play around with some fonts and see if i can't find a better one and i'll see what i can do with the outlines. may take a few days, i'll post when i get it done.

anyone else?

*Update...sorta*

alright, i wasn't able to find a better font for the t yet, but i have found a different one. its thinner and taller, i just don't know if it works better or not. i was able to get in the dual outlines on both. here they are.

full2-1.pngfull2part2.png

jOkeR: did you play them this year? my next step from the logos is going to be the football team, so i may ask for some more input from you on what they've worn recently.

jay: i would love some help if you're willing to give it.

:edit:

fnz: i tried matching the stripes to look like the tomahawks and felt they looked better with the red and white reversed.

Here is what I came up with.

high_school_logo.jpg

that looks really good! i have two suggestions that are really just to see how it would look: 1) could you make the "t" a bit bigger and 2) throw a white outline inside the red one on the tomahawks like you have in the circle?

what font is that for the t?

Well we have only been scrimmaging them for the past 3-4 years, so I have no idea what they wear, since scrimmages usually we just wear practice stuff and dont have helmet decals on yet... Sorry I can't help you there, but I can try and look up some pictures I guess.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
A fellow Cincinnatian?

Anyway, I would change the font of the "T." It seems out of place. The other thing, and I know this might be hard for someone using paint, is making the T have a three strip outline, two red stripes and wither white or blue in the middle, to match the tomahawks' pattern.

Yea it's great to see others from my neck of the woods here... I'm a graduate of Edgewood High School in Trenton, Ohio... Not too good at football back in the 90's when i gradutated, but now they have been pretty good for the last few years...

Archived